BMW 1000RR

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Got a opportunity to test ride one of these yesterday. Amazing technology, what a rush!

199 hp, programmable traction control, cluthless shift both up and down....wide open bang, bang, bang!

If you get a chance, try one. You won't be dissapointed!

Wow, 100 + more hp than an old wing. Afraid my pacemaker couldn't keep up, I probably better just stay with this old fogey bike. :moped: :moped: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Unless there is wheelie control, I don't think I'd like to do that. Then if I rode it I might want it and a)can't afford b) it's a BMW (not a manufacturer that is known for reliability these days, used to be)

Amazing bike on a race track nothing for me on open road then first i'll loose my driving license in 5 seconds and my "old" body would hurt everywhere [emoji4]. No comfort at all, just for fun. I got a yamaha fj 1200. it's something sportier than my oldwing, has more comfort than the bmw and i do not ride race tracks anymore. Too expensive with bike, equipment and so on.
An hour ride test is ok.
Greez
Joebarteam

I have a friend with a 2014 R1. More of the same. Closely matched the R1 and the RR. You hear the words "scary fast" a lot. Ride one of these beasts and you will understand FULLY the meaning of those words.

Imagine that technology applied to our old GL1200. After all the first 1000's were based on bmw to some extent.

Latest posts