Possible "Wanderer Part III"? What would you do ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

made2care

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
2003 bmw r1200c
84 gl1200
I know what you are thinking, He hasn't completed "The Wanderer Part II" yet :beg: Still waiting on my seat for that and have to fix the brakes , which have been a headache :head bang:

But...............with winter around the corner, I have an opportunity to buy a 1983 Honda Magna V65. I have always wanted to own one of these. To me, very intriguing . Fastest production bike in 1980's and even made the Guinness world book reaching 175mph top speed back them.
Bike is NOT running but engine is free. Been stored inside. very cheap. Anyone out there own one? what should I look for? Are these prone to shifting problems?
Any input is much appreciated.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193349#p193349:3vdxdl7b said:
made2care » Today, 5:26 am[/url]":3vdxdl7b]
I know what you are thinking, He hasn't completed "The Wanderer Part II" yet :beg: Still waiting on my seat for that and have to fix the brakes , which have been a headache :head bang:

But...............with winter around the corner, I have an opportunity to buy a 1983 Honda Magna V65. I have always wanted to own one of these. To me, very intriguing . Fastest production bike in 1980's and even made the Guinness world book reaching 175mph top speed back them.
Bike is NOT running but engine is free. Been stored inside. very cheap. Anyone out there own one? what should I look for? Are these prone to shifting problems?
Any input is much appreciated.

Update, found a running Super Magna, might go with that but looks like it won't need much resto :BigGrin:

I almost bought one ...I don't know much about them either ....but talk about carbs hard to get at this bike is it....that's what turned me off on the deal ....it was a nightmare of carburation between the the two cylinder banks on the motor

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193366#p193366:3gzg18aq said:
mcgovern61 » 23 minutes ago[/url]":3gzg18aq]
I rode a few back in the day. They sure are fun! Not a Goldwing smooth ride though as I remember.

I need to just take a deep breath and keep what i have for now. I just get bored sometimes and want something different. No way the wife would let me have 3 bikes anyway :sensored: :sensored:

I really do like the look of the super magna though. cool pipes

The super is sure a nice bike but only 700 CC`s ,The V65 is 1,100 and If you could find the super bike VF-1100 S (Black/silver/red stripe) model that may be one to get a hold of and restore, dont see the standard Magna (cruiser) being collectible anytime soon.

Latest posts