Garage Companions - (Undesirable Ones)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona has critters. Desert critters as well as those familiar with folks in more "moist" environs. Like this little gal below. Common worldwide, they're pretty toxic, but not all that aggressive. I almost sat on top of this one whilst fiddling with my '78 this morning.

To be honest, Bark Scorpions are much more common than spiders - and I've chased a couple of rattlesnakes out of my garage. Well, actually, one of them didn't make it out... :mischief:

Some years ago when I had a house in Cave Creek (north of Phoenix in the hills) I had a couple of javelina wander into the shop while I was in the back. Believe it or not, I actually SMELLED them before I SAW them!

I'm guessing our friends in Australia have a few critter encounters from time to time, as well...

Black Widow.JPG

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
" that's not a spider, this is a spider...."
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193393#p193393:3iqivg64 said:
slabghost » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 am[/url]":3iqivg64]
Okay where's the spider?

It was just a Paul Hogan reference.... :whistling:

:smilie_happy: yep a banana spider ...looks like a pretty dinosaur spider....there webs can look like they can trap a human ....and can take awhile to get off you ...and of course if you never saw the spider your only thought is where the sum bitch at ....

We get some harmless spiders called orb or St Andrews spiders and they often span the DD with their webs and I swear that they almost bring the car to a halt with their strength and stickiness. It is a real pita when you walk into their webs, it seems to take half the day to get it all off you.

Speaking of undesirable garage companions. My youngest son just graduated from ASU, got a job and is closing on a house Thursday at the tender age of 22. His condo lease ran out in July and now everything he owns is in a trailer in the driveway and in and around my house.

Including my garage:

IMG_5219.JPG

Congratulations to you son on all counts Darrell. :salute: :party:
Also to you when you get your space back. I think it only fair that you find stuff to store at his new place when he moves in. :smilie_happy:
That being said our daughter still has a big presence in our house and she has been out of home for 10 years and currently has two properties of her own ( the bank is a major shareholder). :doh: