LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 11:35 pm
Who Is Online: No registered users .... 2 guests
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » General Discussions » General Forum

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Post subject: Towards the dark side
Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#1  Unread postPosted: August 8th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Site supporter

Topic author

Total Posts: 771
Active Topics: 44

Total Images: 56
Local time: October 24th, 2017, 8:35 am
My Rides: GL1000 1980. I know some will say 1979 but mine was registered in 1980 in Holland Europe. It's is now in the UK & going to be restored.

Profile Personal album

Hi all long time my fault, well still working on the GL1000 so that will continue for some time yet, but for some I have bad news and for others, they will see the why. Any way, I have bought a Harley 883 low. now it is a nice bike, she is 2006, on Carbs so no fuel injection (been told that is a plus with theses bikes). see the pictures I bought her tonight and will get her Saturday. enjoy the pics. By the way she is mint, Love you guys.

Attachment:
harley 2.jpg

Attachment:
harley1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#2  Unread postPosted: August 8th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Site supporter
C5 Club
Single Carb Club

Total Posts: 5519
Active Topics: 159

Total Images: 341
Local time: October 24th, 2017, 3:35 am
My Rides: 1984 GL1200 Standard - 18,000 miles

1987 GL1200 Interstate - 61,000

Profile Personal album

Looks like a good ride. At least you are riding!

Brian
Retired US Navy 1983-2003
If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#3  Unread postPosted: August 8th, 2017, 3:15 pm

Global Moderator
C5 Club

Total Posts: 14423
Active Topics: 147

Total Images: 112
My Rides: 98 Valkyrie, 84 Standard, X2 80GL1100,81GL1100,82KZ750,81 Seca750 ++

Profile Personal album

Oh man ya went and bought a Milwaukee vibrator! To each his own as long as it makes you happy, it's all good.

Vote NO on taxes, levies, and incumbents.
Every day I learn I know less than I thought I did.
Every time something is made idiot proof. The world produces a better idiot!
Maturity like wisdom seldom arrives without age. Far too often though age arrives without either.
ImageImage Image
Politicians are like diapers. They need changed often. For the same reason.
A fine is tax you pay for doing wrong. A tax is fine you pay for doing well.
Second place makes you first loser.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#4  Unread postPosted: August 8th, 2017, 5:11 pm

Site supporter

Total Posts: 8360
Active Topics: 134

Total Images: 1016
Local time: October 24th, 2017, 5:35 pm
My Rides: 1981 GL1100 Vetter "Rats Nest"
1987 CBR1000f Naked "The Pig"
1991 CBR1000f "Red"
1998 GL1500c "Val"

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
Congratulations Ian. :moped: :salute:

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#5  Unread postPosted: August 8th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Site supporter
Single Carb Club
C5 Club

Total Posts: 17244
Active Topics: 182

Total Images: 1650
My Rides: A bunch in the works

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
Nice bike

thank god and hooch im gone

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#6  Unread postPosted: August 9th, 2017, 1:40 am

Site supporter

Topic author

My Rides: GL1000 1980. I know some will say 1979 but mine was registered in 1980 in Holland Europe. It's is now in the UK & going to be restored.

Profile Personal album

Oh man ya went and bought a Milwaukee vibrator! To each his own as long as it makes you happy, it's all good.

Your dead right there V, it shakes when stationary, the engine is on rubber mounts. As for going Milwaukee, yes your right, but and this is a BIG BUT, I won't be selling the GL when it is finished, I was looking for a Honda Shadow with low miles and 700cc couldn't find one that was good and they want too much for them. This one literally dropped in my lap, and it is mint, and the right price. :BigGrin: :salute:

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#7  Unread postPosted: August 9th, 2017, 2:18 am

Site supporter
C5 Club

Total Posts: 328
Active Topics: 29

Total Images: 268
Local time: October 24th, 2017, 6:35 pm
My Rides: 75 GL1000
76 GL1000 LTD x 2

Profile Personal album

have tractor.... will travel..... :wave:

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#8  Unread postPosted: August 9th, 2017, 3:49 am

Global Moderator
C5 Club

Total Posts: 14423
Active Topics: 147

Total Images: 112
My Rides: 98 Valkyrie, 84 Standard, X2 80GL1100,81GL1100,82KZ750,81 Seca750 ++

Profile Personal album

Your dead right there V, it shakes when stationary, the engine is on rubber mounts. As for going Milwaukee, yes your right, but and this is a BIG BUT, I won't be selling the GL when it is finished, I was looking for a Honda Shadow with low miles and 700cc couldn't find one that was good and they want too much for them. This one literally dropped in my lap, and it is mint, and the right price. :BigGrin: :salute:

Young guy I work with ride an 1100 Shadow. Nice looking bike. I've been known to buy stuff that was priced right at the time.

Vote NO on taxes, levies, and incumbents.
Every day I learn I know less than I thought I did.
Every time something is made idiot proof. The world produces a better idiot!
Maturity like wisdom seldom arrives without age. Far too often though age arrives without either.
ImageImage Image
Politicians are like diapers. They need changed often. For the same reason.
A fine is tax you pay for doing wrong. A tax is fine you pay for doing well.
Second place makes you first loser.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#9  Unread postPosted: August 9th, 2017, 3:58 am

Site supporter
C5 Club
Single Carb Club

Total Posts: 5519
Active Topics: 159

Total Images: 341
My Rides: 1984 GL1200 Standard - 18,000 miles

1987 GL1200 Interstate - 61,000

Profile Personal album

Young guy I work with ride an 1100 Shadow. Nice looking bike. I've been known to buy stuff that was priced right at the time.

I was temped with an 82 Nighthawk for $500 last night. The problem is, my fat ass wouldn't look good on a 650... :shock: Had it been a 750, I think I would have been sleeping in the garage with the bikes. :BigGrin:

Brian
Retired US Navy 1983-2003
If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#10  Unread postPosted: August 9th, 2017, 11:28 am

Site supporter

Topic author

Profile Personal album

I was temped with an 82 Nighthawk for $500 last night. The problem is, my fat ass wouldn't look good on a 650... :shock: Had it been a 750, I think I would have been sleeping in the garage with the bikes. :BigGrin:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#11  Unread postPosted: August 15th, 2017, 3:48 am

Single Carb Club
Site supporter

Total Posts: 1200
Active Topics: 49

Total Images: 655
Local time: October 24th, 2017, 12:35 am
My Rides: '82 naked Goldwing

Profile Personal album

I've always had a soft spot for Sportsters, although I have never owned one. I rented one in Hawaii about 9 years ago and was very impressed. No vibration due to rubber mounts.

Look forward to reading your ride reports.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#12  Unread postPosted: August 15th, 2017, 7:36 am

Site supporter

Topic author

Profile Personal album

I will certainly give you my honest opinion. problem with HD's they all appear to be a bit agricultural. But I must say the 883 feels very comfortable, good balance and a low centre of gravity. With luck it may well help me to avoid getting a mouth full of tarmac. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 11:35 pm