State Inspection Snafu.....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
So Mama & I take both the 'Burban, and the 1500 to get them inspected Saturday. Gotta be inspected before registrations these days. Rain was in the forecast, and I'm tryin to hurry Mama along so we can get there and back before it starts.....which of course dint happen....I got wet....she dint. :rant:
Anywho....we get them both done, and I go on-line last night to do the registrations. 'Burban goes thru no problem. 1500, on the other hand.....well....dint. I was slightly confused when it(texDOT) asked me if this was an "out of state" vehicle. Huh? :headscratch:
Then it said I would have to go to the local DMV with the proper paperwork. :head bang:

Wait a minit......I look at the inspection report, and notice it has the WRONG friggin VIN# on it.....they put the VIN for the '81 1100 in instead of the VIN for the '96 1500. :sensored:
NOW I get to make the ride BACK over to the 'spection place(it ain't just around the corner, either) so they can correct their mistake.....which means I gotta leave werk early today to get there before they close. Yeeesh. New guy doin the inspection, but the guy that normally does them was helpin him out. You would think that between the two of them, they could have done it right, but nooooooooooo...... :roll:

At least it's not a real issue. Easy fix. The ones I hate are the actual administrative BS mumbo jumbo hoops you have to dance through sometimes. This one is pretty cut and dried. See!? You got lucky after all!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195200#p195200:1i8iirkl said:
desertrefugee » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:47 pm[/url]":1i8iirkl]
At least it's not a real issue. Easy fix........This one is pretty cut and dried. See!? You got lucky after all!

We shall see..... :roll:

Thanks V....all the bad ju-ju is quite a ways south of here. We're gettin just a smattering of rain here/there out of Ol Harvey, but NOTHING like South Texas is getting. :shock:

Got the inspection deal all straightened out :yes: ....then got soaked on the rest of the ride home from there....again. :head bang:

Of course, they're having the 2017 GWRRA Wing-Ding here(in Grapevine...just down the road) this year, and folks are gettin a wee bit wet on the way into town. :crying: :hihihi: I'm tinkin bout riding out there Saturday, depending on the weather. :whistling:

Ya well...don't hold yer breath... :smilie_happy: I HATE goin out to Grapevine, especially if there is any kind of happening goin on. The streets are always packed....and the streets are really narrow. Takes 10 minutes just to go two blocks, IF they don't have the main street blocked off, which they usually do. :Awe: It's one of those places where you just find someplace to park, and then walk the rest of the day. Homie don't play dat.... :smilie_happy:
BUT...if we do make the sojourn out there, I'll be sure to snap a few. :good:

:0fftopic:

It's got nothin to do with Wing Ding.....Grapevine is ALWAYS like that....every weekend it's just packed with folks mullin around, usually in the middle of the streets. Just a pita in general, but if there does happen to be something "special" goin on out there, just fageddaboutit...... :nea:

Latest posts