The SW Desert Riding Season Has Officially Begun

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excluding long, out of state Summer trips or occasional overnight camping excursions into the mountains, there's not a log of riding going on (at least for me) from May through September around here. And trust me, it's not just me.

Howsoever, things are changing. Yesterday with the high "only" about 92F, a bud and I headed up past Payson to a little town called Strawberry for lunch. We stopped at a few spots and generally took our time. The pines smelt good. Weather up there was in the low 70's.

I have gotten out of snapping photos of every outing, but did get one shot during a stretch and pee break. We were moving into the high desert at that point. Coupla hundred miles including a little side trip past Saguaro Lake.

Let the games begin!

Attachments

• IMG_4680.JPG
    IMG_4680.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 111
Good to see that you are over your fear of sweat at least for a little time Darrell... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
:moped: :good:

Probably won't be much longer I'll need to park the bike here. Glad it's finally getting bearable to ride there.

I promise to do better as well!!! :hihihi:
Nowhere near as good as the stuff you post William ( our street art just mainly looks like vandalism) but hopefully there will still be some good scenery, I just need to remember to stop and take photos. :yes:

You asked for it, William. Headed up to the Grand Canyon for the weekend. It'll be the first really cool riding I've done since early Spring. Lows will be down near 30F (0C). We won't be in any great hurry first thing in the morning, that's for sure.

Latest posts