Hello...hello...hello?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the slowdown too. As for myself I've been on a buying binge the past couple of months. tires, suspension, audio (which is sounding kick-ass) and some creature comforts. Now trying to hook up a small LED turn/running light/brake light doo dad that has the smallest, thinnest wires I have ever seen. I have arteries bigger than these things.

But it is too cold for me to ride and I, like a lot of us in the northern clime, are in a funk because of it. A lot of guys are looking to do some major work on their bikes but are still holding out hope that there are still some nice days and are putting it off, or procrastinating.

I follow the Saunders site and most of the stuff being posted there are the silly word games they have going on. And not a lot of meat. What I want to see more of are restorations. Made to Care has one, but we need more. a pic of the summer-time gone by.

IMG_0378.jpg

Now in the warm man cave, sitting there.

I’m here also just scrambling to get things done on the house I’m working ...I’d love to have time to work on hooch but I’m being pinched for time ...yep things are slow right now ...money tight to non existant for me right now have to get my tractor project going also ....and yes it’s cold now ...the forum will pull through soon and things go the other way ...thanks to all that are limping along with things going on ...I plan on some good work projects when I get settled on hooch ...need car fuel pump and a motor ...but I’m sure the motor I got will last for testing things ....oldwings are classic and this is where the most punch in projects seems to happen ...

Clobbered here with work, helping my Wife with my Mother in Law (long term care and just diagnosed with a brain tumor), and not getting any riding in other than back and forth to stores and church. Very hectic around here. All motorcycle projects are on hold except keeping the old girl ready to ride at all times for transportation. Turn signal project, wire harness project, painting all on hold.

In my minutes of spare time, I like to go back and read old posts! There is so much here it could almost be a lifetime catching up on so many great projects and stories!

I'm here. Work been busy....and now the holidays coming up. Argh.

Got a nail in the KLR rear. Tire was flat at my sons school he rides it to. Wife brought the little compressor to him, held enough air to get home. So looks like we have a tube repair on the list of to-do's for this weekend.

Yes, I have been busy as well. I put the hippo hands on the Interstate, which help me keep riding until the snow comes. They are not the hippo hand brand but are made in Italy. My son got them with a piaggio scooter that he bought last year. It is 300 cc's fully automatic and a lot of fun to ride. Top speed is 80 miles per hour (130 kilometres), what a great city bike.

It is a bit different not seeing your hands while riding with the hand covers on but they really help keep your hands from freezing, which in turn extends my riding time by a few more weeks in the fall while,gaining a few more weeks in the spring. Now if I can just figure out how to stop the snow.. :beg:

Haven't ridden or done more than piddle with my bikes since June 2016. I rode Trailer Trash home from the last We Ride Meet and Greet, parked her under the carport, put the cover on her the next day and thanked her for bringing me safely home. The new battery is toast and she now sports a flat rear tire. It was questionable if I would make it home at the time due to my health issues. On the good days I piddle with the Atilla project and on the bad days I try to not move. Got another stent for the ticker but then something attacked my joints in hands, shoulders and feet, that's what they are trying to figure out now and how to fix that. The bad part is Atilla is sitting on a table right next to my kitchen table where I drink coffee and we have conversations on when I will get back to work on her, she has more patience than any of my four ex wives. Lol.

Yes, life has a way of getting in the way when we're busy making other plans, but it's only November! All I wanted to do was add a radiator to the breezeway to take the chill off, and now I have a new boiler and enough new copper plumbing to build a submarine, sheesh, that was spendy. And I thought I was so thrifty picking up the cast iron radiator at the curb years ago. I did get to see all my family this fall, but it was for my mom's funeral, which was a blessing after so many years.
But lets not lose sight of the possible future...March...when I increase my vitamin d pills to ward off being crabby and depressed. By then I hope to be totally immersed in my next trailer project to be ready for next summer's riding/camping season.
So, come on you guys, our future is so bright we need sunglasses (who sang that one?)
When you get the chance to sit it out or dance,
I hope you dance.

all part of the adventure...