In good company

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerryb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rode my camp bike (83 interstate mongrel) 30 miles out in the countryside to my friends barn to put it away for the season. Had a great ride, 53 degrees, bright sun, and 50 mile an hour winds! Fortunately it was mostly a tailwind so if I rode at the right speed, there was no wind at all! Of course this was intermittantly (sp) interupted by side gusts that tried to blow me into the oncoming lane...whew, what a thrill ride.
The upper floor of the barn is mostly just car storage, Chuck is a retired heavy truck mechanic, and tool collector. His current projects are a 66 ford fairlane drag car, and a 53 Hudson hornet that is to become a fun driver (390 ford engine and auto trans) peeking out from the covers around the bike are a 70ish lincoln town car, a couple other fairlanes, a 93 caddy (don't know which one but its big!), a buick roadmaster and the king of the collection is a 53 Hudson wasp all restored with gorgeous champange paint. So the wing is in good company with friendly neighbors and a crowd of mice! Dryers sheets in all the openings keep the mice at bay. Spring is just a wish right now, but I'll try to keep busy to make the time pass quicker.

Attachments

• 20160817_124457.jpg
    20160817_124457.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 106
Sorry for your loss. One of the reasons I took a southern career path after university in Massachusetts: Florida, Texas, and now Arizona. I don't do the parking thing anymore... except for relatively infrequent rides on some of the cooler mornings during summer. But, With several long summer trips sprinkled in.

Kind of neat that you found a Hudson fan. They are out there, but I just aren't mainstream.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=197878#p197878:15c5pfov said:
desertrefugee » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 am[/url]":15c5pfov]
Sorry for your loss. One of the reasons I took a southern career path after university in Massachusetts: Florida, Texas, and now Arizona. I don't do the parking thing anymore... except for relatively infrequent rides on some of the cooler mornings during summer. But, With several long summer trips sprinkled in.

Kind of neat that you found a Hudson fan. They are out there, but I just aren't mainstream.

I can't say I look forward to the non-riding season, but it does give me time to do larger projects without being rushed. When it comes to project time, I'm spoiled with a heated space to leave a bike on the lift untill its done.
My friend Chuck is definately not mainstream, he rescued an engine lathe from the scrapyard and refurbished it. It is the size of a 70's station wagon! No car part is too big for his lathe. :builder:

Attachments

• 20150604_204548.jpg
    20150604_204548.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 69