1200 engine into a 1500 trike ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backlander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran across a bargain on a trike today, 93 model 1500 factory trike with the motor locked up. Curious if anyone had heard of anyone puting a 1200 engine into one and what differences there might be. I have no knowledge on the 1500's. Asking price is 2500 for the trike and I have three 1200 engines sitting here
IMG_3155.JPG
IMG_3156.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG

Don't know about the 1200 conversion, but 1500 motors are a dime a dozen (relatively). A nice specimen can be had for 3 bills. Might be better than the aggravation of converting - if it's even possible.

Well I’d done enough to know that the motor output shaft will line up as 1500 motor does ...not sure what it takes to mount it there ...but the math lines up ...sure would be a great project ...I know the hooch motor would push that trike around no problem...

Go for it Purple, this is all the info I have on it, it showed up on a swap shop sales and is listed in Emerson Ar. The owner has a Facebook page but I don't have a phone number for him. Good luck !! It could be a cheap way to collect a trike, you never know.
IMG_3158.PNG

Must have sold it, no longer listed. Sorry man, if it shows up again I'll message you. They don't last long at that price, the trike conversion was probably worth three times what he was asking for it.