Organization?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daeouse

Stubbornly Optimistic!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
2022 Harley Sportster 883 (daily), 1986 GL 1200A "Wing Zero"
Hey all you wing-heads! :rocks:

Is there a way to sort the assorted member bikes into the engine displacements? IE: 1100, 1200, 1300, etc. . .

I love looking at all the bikes, but wading through the mountain of assorted albums can be a bit daunting.

Some of you guys have absolutely SEXY wings. . . :cool:

Interesting idea. There is no way to search by bike model, other than typing in the search system to bring up posts made under that forum. Same for the gallery albums.

I think if a user “group” was created for each model, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1500, 1800, then those members with that model could be added to that group. The search system would then bring them up.

I would need one volunteer to take on the task of being a group leader for their model. The group leader would then be responsible for looking at all the member accounts and adding those with their bike model to their group.

It’s a good idea. If we get a volunteer for each model, I’ll make it so.

Who will be the first volunteer?

I could also make a group leader "badge" to display in the group leaders' profile as well.

I could try to make time in the evenings. Depending on what's needed and how it needs to be done. . .

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199386#p199386:26ox8ly4 said:
joedrum » 32 minutes ago[/url]":26ox8ly4]
Hmmmm my bike fits no category lol
It started as a 1000 so that's what it is.

I'm a bugger for punishment - I'll take the 1200s. Would need some direction so that all the models are sorted the same, criteria and the likes. Is the intent of Daeouse initial question to sort by model and thread subject matter? Would like to use the KISS principle.

I'm like desertrefugee - <gulp>

Cheers

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199388#p199388:2yzps0dl said:
Rednaxs60 » 44 minutes ago[/url]":2yzps0dl]
I'm a bugger for punishment - I'll take the 1200s. Would need some direction so that all the models are sorted the same, criteria and the likes. Is the intent of Daeouse initial question to sort by model and thread subject matter? Would like to use the KISS principle.

I'm like desertrefugee - <gulp>

Cheers

Basically what we can do relatively simple is to add each member to their respective group for that model bike they have.
So you have a 1200, you’d be added to the 1200 group. If you have a 1200 and a 1000, you’d be added to both groups. What this results in is, when going to the search page, one could search up and display all member in that particular group. One could then look at their gallery photos, as well as their posts. Nothing changes in the way the forum operates, only that these groups would now exist.

Doing something like this regarding '85 LTD and '86 SEi owners. When I see one a current owner post, I add them to a spreadsheet I am keeping at home. Have identified 90 current owners of these bikes from the various forums.

Have the list by:

Name/forum moniker
Bike
Forum
Those who wish to be included in the user groups may have to update their information. For example, Daeouse avatar shows a 1200, but in his info there is no mention of this. Do we use what is the person's profile as the guide for inclusion in the database so to speak?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199401#p199401:3lt4byfo said:
Rednaxs60 » less than a minute ago[/url]":3lt4byfo]
Those who wish to be included in the user groups may have to update their information. For example, Daeouse avatar shows a 1200, but in his info there is no mention of this. Do we use what is the person's profile as the guide for inclusion in the database so to speak?
Yes.

I can send out a boardwide email for everyone to update their profile.

As I’m waking up here I’m setting up the user groups to get started. I’ll update when it’s ready and how it’s done.

I can do the 1800 hunting, if desired. Just point me in the right direction and I'll go charging off!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199401#p199401:3aj6bd7o said:
Rednaxs60 » Yesterday, 11:50 am[/url]":3aj6bd7o]

Sorry for the confusion, I lust after the 1200, so I used the pic for my Ava. LOL! :oops: :blush: