Neowing!?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
image.php

vroom, vroom!

~O~

Cool look for a replacement for the Valkyrie, but it having anything to do with a Wing? Nah. Let it stand on it's own and it will kill the Diavel and the other muscle cruisers. . .

Whatever it is. I like it. Even if I could afford it. My wife won't let me have a bike she can't ride with me on.

And that killed my interest. I hate trikes. Sidecars are fine, but anything else is an abomination.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199988#p199988:earr3hxw said:
dan filipi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:55 am[/url]":earr3hxw]
It looks all jagged edged and crap. I don’t like it. But I am interested in the engine.
Nice write up here about the "engine". It is (or will be) a new boxer 4 cylinder! :yahoo:

https://www.hondaprokevin.com/neowing-sp ... trike-bike

Now, lets touch on Honda NEOWING engine specs / performance. Some may ask… If this could turn into a possible Gold Wing replacement, why would they downgrade the engine size? Larger engines don’t always mean more horsepower and smaller doesn’t necessarily mean less horsepower.

Example: The twin cylinder engine in the latest 2016 Shadow 750 (v-twin engine) has 40 HP whereas the 2016 CTX700 (parallel-twin engine) has 46 HP. Even when the same engine is used, we can run into variables in horsepower. Example: The ST1300 (V4 engine) is packing 116 HP whereas the same V4 engine used in the CTX1300 (V4 engine) has 88 HP. That’s only a couple of horsepower shy of the Gold Wing 1832 cc opposing six-cylinder engine and we’re talking about losing 500 cc and two cylinders.

Theoretically, the ICE engine in the NEOWING wouldn’t have the horsepower of the Gold Wing (six-cylinder engine). That’s where the awesome part of hybrid / electric technology that’s leaking down from Honda’s cars can make up the difference in power as well as make it even more fuel efficient.

Pair that up with the DCT transmission and it’s amazing what kind of technology Honda is packing in these bikes! Honda is so confident with their new automatic motorcycle DCT transmission they are throwing it on more and more models year after year. To quickly name a few off a few of the 2016 motorcycles available with DCT – you’re looking at the NM4, NC700X, NC750X, CTX700N, CTX700, Africa Twin CRF1000L, Integra, NC750S and the list goes on and on. Honda hasn’t released any official nnumbers so those technical details are all speculation at this point.

It looks like Honda is really working hard on the hybrid stuff and pushing the DCT transmission. Should be interesting engineering. :laptop: :read:

a new transformer? i do only want it if has the newest ios and the app to manage my luggage by air. no room for my pants *lol*
i'll tell optimus prime het got a new friend to play with.
cheers