Big Blue Motorcycle Lift

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put my Xmas gift to myself together this afternoon. I bought a Big Blue Motorcycle lift. It was a toss up between a GPS or this lift, and you know now which won.

The lift is marketed as the safest lift going. Lift just over 1600 lbs. Raises the bike 26 inches off the floor. You use a mud drill - low RPM - to raise lower. Max speed is recommended at 800 RPM. I think my cordless on low speed will do.

Assembly is self-explanatory and intuitive. The company provided instructions and video.

The lift comes in two boxes and weighs in at 75 lbs.

Here is the lift assembled:
Bike Lift 2.jpg
Bike Lift.jpg

Here is my 1200 at full lift - no straps at this time, but I think prudent when wrenching:
Bike at full height.jpg

Here are two underside pictures at full height:
Brackets 2.jpg
Brackets.jpg
I have placed the brackets so that these are under the front motor bolt and the centre stand.

Here is the web site: https://bigbluemotorcyclelift.com/

Been a good afternoon.

Cheers

Thanks - lying around on concrete is not the best for us older gentlemen. If I were to do any amount of serious wrenching or leaving the bike on the lift for an extended period I think I would like to have supports under the centre support at each end.
Brackets 3.jpg
Something to consider.

Cheers

Have another lift similar to this one:
torin-1500-motorcycle-jack-300x286.jpg
It has worked well, but I wanted one that would get the bike up higher and be a bit more stable/secure. With some supports under the lift, I think all will be well. I did notice that the bike does move when supported on the lift. This can be expected as there is still a lot of weight hanging out there.

Now to find a mud drill to use on this lift.

Read a review on webbikeworld.com. Here's the site: https://www.webbikeworld.com/bike-lift- ... ift-stand/

Good review, positive with some reservations regarding bike placement and the fact that a bike will move. Cautions against serious wrenching, and as such, I think safety supports are a prudent addition. Used to do this at my father's garage back in the '60s. Put a vehicle up on the hoist and put a safety support under the hoist and lower the hoist onto it.

Cheers

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=200542#p200542:3qt3xpco said:
wedoo2 » Yesterday, 5:56 pm[/url]":3qt3xpco]
Hate to say it but that scares the crap out of me.

Hear you on this. This is why I will be having support/safety brackets made to keep it more stable. When not being used, drop it down to touch tires. The benefit is not having to be on the ground when I work on the bike. Having the bike more at eye level, or with me sitting on a comfortable stool makes a difference in work enjoyment.

I have read various threads where make shift lifts, tools and such are used, and some of the results have been less than expected. With a purpose made lift the probability of an incident is little to none, depending.

I don't mend as well as I used to, and as such, I tend to err on the side of caution. A few extra minutes and a couple of extra dollars to make the work area safe for me is worth it.

Don't have room for a bike table, so this is a good compromise between the smaller floor lift and a table. Everything has limits, just have to work within these.

Cheers

The jack I am using is more than stable

viewtopic.php?p=200026#p200026

Installed fork caps yesterday by standing on the pegs and pushing down on the caps as I turned them. Never had a hint of unstable. Don't know that the blue jack would inspire that action right now. With the supports it might. Good luck.

Brian - have one of those small floor jacks as well. Do work good but wanted a bit more lift.

Had seen and read the thread on making a bike table. Looks good. Since space is at a premium in the garage, making a wheel platform that would complement this lift and allow for more serious wrenching like you mention could be in order. Would have to make something like this so that it could be dismantled to store.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Cheers

I too have one of those small floor jacks and it works ok, but I would love to have a lift to put the whole bike on. I'm glad I don't have to use it very often. But I do work on other bikes beside the Gold Witch and it would come in handy.

Like most others, just don't have the space to store it. And they're heavy to move around. Need a light weight, fold-able, sturdy lift table with good hydraulics. In Wineberry, of course.

I love my cheapy $90 Harbor freight bike jack.
So far in the last couple weeks having it I’ve used it working on the KLR to change tires, hold it upright to change oil. (It has no center stand).
On my sons truck we used it to lift up the lower control arm when we did a 2” leveling lift on it.
The 400 lb bike is very steady, though I do put it down on the wheels or at least lower it mostly for over night if I haven’t finished work.
It’s rated at 1500 lbs. not sure I’d trust it working on the wing (haven’t tried yet) but only because the floor base is smallish relative to the bike, wrenching tippy front to rear.

I enjoy the heck out of my HF lift table and use it extensively. Space isn't really a problem since that's where I park the '78 normally. If not, I can park the Westy over the top of it. You couldn't park a normal sedan over it (clearance), but most SUV's/trucks/vans could share space with it.

I also have one of the "normal" HF bike lifts and mostly use that for the Valkyrie. I still get the willies running the Valk up and off the lift table. Valk is wide, table is narrow. Scary combination when you're alone. Plus, the front tire is too fat to fit well in the chock I installed! Sheesh.

Latest posts