Broadford, shocks, fork seals and speedo.....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiegold

Supporting Member
Reaction score
on our recent excursion to Broadford bike bonanza, i used my blue GL to get around on.
just recently had the rear shocks develop some weird behaviour, sticking down and making noise like something was trying to get out.
bad..... :head bang:
so after some discussion, the rear shocks were replaced with el cheepo ones from ebay.
while using the wing at Broadford i noticed some oil leaking from the fork seal on the right hand fork.. bugger, i says...
ok, ordered new seals and some progressive springs. might as well give it a birthday i think...
then, out on it yesterday and the mongrel bloody speedo starts whining... just peachy, :roll: i think to myself.. :beg:
i am hoping beyond hope that it is the cable. will replace that and see. those gauges were bloody expensive to have overhauled.
look real good , but very expensive.... :beg: :beg: :beg:

on the totally up side, i ran into a fellow i had bought some wing parts of once , and i knew he had two AU delivered LTD's.
he now has five.... yes FIVE... :Egyptian:
that makes seven between us.
and on the last day another fellow strolls up to me when i was leaving on my blue one and has a chat. he also has an AU delivered
LTD. got his number and invites from both to call in and see their bikes.
started me thinking to get some kind of register of Aussie LTD's going.
i now know of twelve . wonder how many more are out there ?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201826#p201826:370wox8n said:
desertrefugee » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:08 am[/url]":370wox8n]
I always heard bad luck comes in "threes", so you're good for a while methinks.
:good: :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201826#p201826:dbw41ah2 said:
desertrefugee » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:08 am[/url]":dbw41ah2]
I always heard bad luck comes in "threes", so you're good for a while methinks.
threes ? nah mate , not me........... i could fall into a bucket of tits, and come out sucking me thumb... :smilie_happy:

Latest posts