I hurt Crystal bad this morning...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dropped her twice this morning when I got to work. Yeah... twice. :head bang:

I shouldn't even be riding, but one of those work things that we all have to deal with forced my hand. I have 3 broken ribs and an infection in my right lung secondary to the broken ribs(I'm on meds). So I'm chalking this up to being muddle headed because it was 1am and my shift is supposed to start at 6am. I always park in the same spot backing into a slight grade, and never having any problem. I guess I FUQD the kickstand two times in a row.

Wanna see? :popcorn:

Because it was dark I thought this was all that happened. I was soooo wrong. I didn't realize the left saddlebag cover had popped open after the first fall.
image.php

Then I noticed the crashbar had bent. That is NOT a crack in the top of the cover, I raced outside to check after seeing the enlarged pic I had taken. It was grime. :shock:
image.php

WHY CAN I SEE THE DAMN HORN!? :rant:
image.php

Other side of trashed cowling, weeeeee.
image.php

Wait! there's more...
image.php

At first neither tang would even fit into the locks. I'm afraid to even look closely to what has happened as these are attached to the lid with two screws I got them to move to close the lid but the right side does not engage.
image.php

So I see a couple things in my future, a new lower cowling(hated the stock one) :good: AND many ABS repairs! w00h00!

Oh and my clutch slave cylinder is leaking, started last weekend. So there's that to fix too. I have to admit I have foolishly wished I had something to fix after reading many of the repair posts here, and I really do miss wrenching on Old Girlfriend. :fiddle:

Careful what ya wish for, cause ya just might get it. :Awe:

~O~

With 3 broken ribs why are you not on workers comp or FMLA? Heal fast and well and get the old girl fixed. :head bang:

:shock: :shock:

Damn son!! Musta gone down hard to do that much damage, or was there a curb or sumptin she laid down on?

I sure hope YOU get healed quickly....Crystal can be fixed, but gotta get yerself back to 100% first. Sorry it happened Brother....just get yerself well soon!

mainindexBigHug.gif~c200

(no homo)

Old man hit the bike while gassing up this morning. Bounced on kickstand, kickstand came down on my left foot/toes and then the bike fell on me. The Old man slowly drove off. A bystander got the bike off me.

~O~

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=202624#p202624:omrpaa1x said:
Omega Man » Wed May 09, 2018 7:04 am[/url]":eek:mrpaa1x]
Old man hit the bike while gassing up this morning. Bounce on kickstand, kickstand came down on my left foot/toes and then the bike fell on me. Old man slowly drive off. Bystander hit the bike off me.

Are you flipping kidding me!?? This on top of yesterday's problem? That is beyond belief. You might want to go to confession or something...

I guess things can only get better. Head up, breathe slow (ribs), crack an empty smile and try not to shoot anybody.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=202626#p202626:1cjdhf50 said:
Omega Man » Wed May 09, 2018 9:21 am[/url]":1cjdhf50]
I now believe we are kindred spirits Joel, it never rains but it pours.

O-man, we can(and will) kid each other aboot this or that, and crack jokes....that's all kewl 'cause everyone knows it's all in fun. BUT....you're getting physically injured! Ain't nuttin funny aboot that at all. :nea: Hang in there Brah.....

The reason for no fmla is because we are having our annual state survey this week. If i can breathe I have to be here. Nursing is still one of those fields where administration's can still treat their staff like shit.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=202634#p202634:13y7cmyw said:
slabghost » Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm[/url]":13y7cmyw]
I just knew there was a reason I always chose steel toe footwear when I ride. Heal up quick.

I'm just glad I had the boots on, I think I would have lost the toes if not.

~O~