What was your very first motorcycle. Got a picture?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first was a 250 2 stroke Yamaha dirt bike. Fast bike.
My first street bike was a Honda CB360T, pretty much exactly like this one including the highway bars I added.
I don't remember it having a rack though.
Mine had the stock exhaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksUjiZBFh6w

if i remember right my first bike was a honda 305 dream, white. ,then the next one was a yamaha 305. street bike too. then i got a jawa 175. street bike. then got out of them for a long time,the got a kawasiki 440 ltd. rode it twice. got a honda 400cmt. then a sportster 73 mod. now i got miss daisy.79 gw 1000. sorry on pics of any of my frist ones,

I guess my first "cycle was about a 62 Sears Moped similar to the attached picture. Before that I had a Cushman walk thru and a Cushman Eagle. Oops, I'm showing my age. The great thing about the Moped was if you ran out of gas, you could pedal it home like a bicycle. The good ol days.

Attachments

• MoPedCoralCream1964.jpg
    MoPedCoralCream1964.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 259
My first and only bike before my wing was a brand new 1981 Suzuki GN400! Man that bike was great! Single cylinder 4 stroke, kick start with compression release and it got 72 MPG on average!

Attachments

• 1981 GN400.jpg
    1981 GN400.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 243
My first bike was a 62 honda 50, step through frame and after being ran off the road three times in El Paso Tx (Ft. Bliss) :heat: :rant: :rant: it was also my first dirt bike. :whistling: I gota tell you that 50cc is not fit for running in sand. :smilie_happy:

First bike I bought was a Yamama 125 Enduro. Rode it for a couple of weeks, then cut the frame, and mounted the frame/engine onto a 3-wheel Cushman "go-cart". That's the vehicle I cut my finger off on. I do have some pics, but...they're painful for me to look at.... :smilie_happy:
After that came a 500 DOHC Yamama street bike w/fairing. Rode that thing for a couple of summers, then bought my '78 Honda 750 automatic, fully dressed. Sweet bike! Wished I still had it... :crying:
Now the '81 'Wing. :music:

dan filipi":388niz1c said:
My first was a 250 2 stroke Yamaha dirt bike. Fast bike.
My first street bike was a Honda CB360T, pretty much exactly like this one including the highway bars I added.
I don't remember it having a rack though.
Mine had the stock exhaust.
My first bike was a 1975 CB360T same red color as in the video. I didn't have the highway bars but had a padded sissy bar on the back. Bought it back in my high school days. Tore that baby down to the crank to rebuild it. Never had a manual for it, just tore it down and learned how to put it together.

mcgovern61":7229loa8 said:
My first and only bike before my wing was a brand new 1981 Suzuki GN400! Man that bike was great! Single cylinder 4 stroke, kick start with compression release and it got 72 MPG on average!

That's highly unusual in the US, wasn't it?
I had GN400 once. Mod'ed as a chopper look-alike. It was fairly rare in Japan also. I have never seen any one but myself riding it in person.

image.php

image.php

My first bike was 1978 Honda CB50JX-1 factory "cafe". :hihihi: Can't believe I don't have any personal photos with her.

image.php

skiri251":bg4ueg80 said:
mcgovern61":bg4ueg80 said:

That's highly unusual in the US, wasn't it?
I had GN400 once. Mod'ed as a chopper look-alike. It was fairly rare in Japan also. I have never seen any one but myself riding it in person.
There were not that many, but they sure were affordable! (Compared to a Wing back then :hihihi: )

When I was in Guatamala in 2007, the GN series bikes are everywhere (brand new too!)

The first I owned was a blue version of this.
23522_0_1_2_ct1b%20175_Submitted%20by%20anonymous%20user..jpg

I traded it for one like this that needed forks and other repairs.
10740_0_1_2_gt%20550_Image%20credits%20-%20Martin%20Gonzalez%20-%20Argentina.jpg

Hey Slabghost, that Yamaha that was your first looks exactly like my first bike, except mine was white! 1969 125 enduro :good: :good:

My first Bike was a 1970' CT70 I was in the 6th grade, I got pulled over by the police for the first time riding that bike.

Then next year i got a CL360 scrambler, My dad had a SL100 and we rode every where together I was under age and did not have a drivers license but me and my dad would go for a 100 mile ride for the day, we would go for sat & Sundays on weekends.

Then i had a CX500.

Then I had a 73' CB750

Then i was without bike for years :(

Then i bought my first Oldwing about 7 years ago, a 86' GL1200I

Latest posts