The one bike you wished you had kept,

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backlander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the one bike you owned, that you now wished you had not gotten rid of ? It's show and tell time.

Honda 750-four, 1975 model, bought brand new and sold in 1979. Didn't buy my next bike for 33 years. That 750 was some kind of motorcycle for it's time. This is the only picture I have of it, we were on a week long vacation in the mountains of north Arkansas. That's my friend in the picture, his blue 750 was parked right in front of mine, our wives were off in the piddle house I think.

The good 'ol days.

My last scooter.jpg

Mine was a 75 CB 360T, loved that bike.

1975 Honda CB360T.jpg

I've had a few others I wish I still had.

Honda 90 dirt bike
250 Yamaha 2 stroke (fast little bike)
500 Kawasaki 2 stroke 3 cylinder (It certainly was a widow maker)
3 wheel 250 Honda 2 stroke (Bored out and wicked fast)

God I miss my old 2 strokes.

My first true love....'76 750A Hondamatic. One of the biggest regrets I've ever had, selling it.... :crying: I sat on this bike(dang near every day for a looong time!) brand new at the dealership, but no way I could afford it. As it turned out, a friend of mine bought it, and then I wound up buying it from him a couple years later.

skiri251":269b6wkb said:
mcgovern61":269b6wkb said:
My first and only bike before I got my Wing nearly 30 years later...my new '81 Suzuki GN400:

Me too!
Not my first bike but I mod'ed her with sportster tank and toured for one month camping.

I see that you opted for the upgraded mirrors too!

Found the original info for the GN400:

Results for US Spec 1980 GN 400, from October 1980 Cycle World

*List Price: $1499 (Got mine in '81 for less than $1200 with title, tags,two helmets, engine guard, upgraded mirrors and Plexi-Faring II)
*Wet Weight 327 Lbs
*Seat Height 29.3"
*Wheelbase: 55.2"
*Top Speed: 90 MPH (Yeah, it could do 90 MPH downhill :smilie_happy: )
*1/4 mile acceleration: 15.27 @ 82.11 MPH
*40-60MPH Roll-On: 6.6 seconds
*Fuel Economy: 71.2 MPG (Mine averaged 72 MPG)
*Range(To reserve): 190.5 Miles

I found a video of a guy that has a 1980 GN400X which is the same engine, just different wheels and seat. Sounds real cool to hear that engine again! (30 years later)

WOW, I am the odd man out! This goldwing is the first real bike, and Ive tried selling cuz its hard to house 2, but man, the wife loves it just as much so I cant seem to get rid of it! (darn glad too!)

I wish I had my first GoldWing, a 1975 standard 1000. The bike was in great condition except for the dead stator. I lost her to an unscrupulous Honda mechanic. He told me she was worth no more than $200, and at the time there was no real internet(Dan, Joe, or any number of our members here would have helped me fix her) to speak of so I took his offer. That dirty son-of-a-#&!$*.

I still miss that beautiful exhaust and those pristine aluminum rims. :'(

~O~

In 1976 bought a brand red 750 four ,not my 1st bike but i sure did love that bike ,sold in 1980 ,had a famliy on the way.

mcgovern61":15cs6zt2 said:
I found a video of a guy that has a 1980 GN400X which is the same engine, just different wheels and seat. Sounds real cool to hear that engine again! (30 years later)

Wow!
Didn't know there were wired wheel versions.
Yes, nice to hear that engine!
"Paid $300", huh.

I guess I should start looking eBay.

Yep, I robbed a photo off the net that is identical to my 82 750 kawa LTD, I loved that bike man..I rode it from Chicago to San Antonio and back when I was like 30... Here's the kicker and I am not lying or telling the tall tales, I rode it back to chicago, 24 hrs. straight...I left 7am got there around 7 or so maybe 8 am the next morning and I was very very tired...And the chain was skipping, I adjusted it all I could.. It got streched...

It wasn't my first bike, but my first street bike i bought for $500 when i was 18. I wish i had it back, was a 1980 KZ650 in metallic blue. Sure had a lot of fun on that bike :Egyptian:

Latest posts