funny, I thought we had a tire section -or- F**K MY TIRE!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score

So I knew I needed air in my tires for about a week. Yeah, I know but it's a pain in the ass here using the pay pumps, whatever. Aired them up using a just purchased gauge 38f 41r(winks at Detdrbuzzard). When I got home I spun the rear and found that...

I haven't seen anything like that around here, oh JOEL what about joo?

~O~

the techies say if you dont use motorcycle tires your endangering the lives of all on the planet .... those are highly engineered cracks from motorcycle tire gods ... :hihihi:

The horizontal lines are CUTS, tho I do see crackage down in the tread, which for me, just looks normal.... :head bang: That's what ya get for givin me such a hard time aboot my tires... :cheeky: :cheeky:
:smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:

However..the cuts are something totally different. Last week, when I was watching the vid you shot for the West Coast M&G, I had to rewind/pause several times to see that ya'll wuz riding over a pretty dang big cattle guard... Wonder if that dint cause those cuts?

Looks awfully suspicious.
Hmm, got any neighbors mad at you?

Oh hey, I know it's nice to post in this private forum because we can let loose but stuff like this would be good to have in the open forums.

Hey Dan, remember when I stopped us at the end of the Red Rock run because the tire spikes didn't collapse?

No problems with neighbors but there odd road hazzards here, I've been riding over steel plates in the road all over.

~O~

That really blows Randy.

How deep is it.
I'd probably run with it if only like 1/16th" deep and the back tire and not loosing air.

I better have a look at mine.
You know how old my rear is :mrgreen:

Maybe the e3s are not as new as the tread appears Randy? :( You mentioned that they have hardly worn since you have had Crystal ( and they have plenty of tread in the photo ) so maybe they are really hard and these ldo ook like stress fractures. I don't believe cattle grids would cause these marks as I have ridden over plenty and most of you know what my dreaded driveway looks like and I haven't experienced any problems like these ( let's hope I don't). See if you can check the build date/ batch number of your tire.

I'll do that Tony. I don't think it was the cow guard. We have constant road construction all over this Valley. As for those cracks I dare you to find a single bike(daily driver) here that has one summer on its tires that doesn't have tiny cracks in the sidewall. :yes:

For what it is worth in my opinion, the tire was under inflated. Look at the shiny area to the left and right under the cracks. Looks like cupping from under inflation.

image.php

I"m probably way out in left field on this but to me it looks like cracks due to tires being old. It's most likely separating where the outer wrap of rubber in the molding process was joined together. My .02 worth. Hope you get it worked out, I wouldn't ride on it.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134264#p134264:1bg4q1fn said:
Omega Man » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:37 pm[/url]":1bg4q1fn]
I've been riding over steel plates in the road all over.
~O~

That's what I think the horizontal lines are....cuts. If you factor in the fact that the tire were low on air, it would make sense that the cuts are only on the outer edges of the tire, and not in the center....where it wold be if the tire was aired up properly. I think you ran over something that did that. If the steel plates yer talking aboot are like the ones they use here to cover holes/trenches in the pavement, some of those things are 1" or more thick, and they stick up off the surface of the road....and they have sharp edges. :rant: Not to mention the normal road shrapnel that is always on the road that falls out of idjit's pick-ups...like ladders, shovels, rakes, and other implements of destruction.... :sensored:

That just might be it Joel, but Gerry's comment stirred up a memory. The day before this all started I had to do an emergency stop, quick hard and short during a left turn at a light when the traffic just stopped.

Latest posts