I may be going over to the "Dark Side"

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K7TKA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have come across a deal that I can't seem to let go by. It is a 1999 Valkyrie touring model. It is one owner and has lots of extras as well as lots of chrome. It is black with a bit of blue pin stripe on the tank. The price is $4500. To do this I will have to let my '75 go to a new home. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me. There are pictures on my album. This bike has new tires, brake pads, timing belts, all the master cylinders and calipers are rebuilt, and a newly installed C-5 ignition. The mufflers are new old stock with less than 500 miles. I think this is a very nice survivor.

Congrats on the Valk!! :clapping:

We have a 1500 section in the forums so a Valk would be a great addition for discussion! (BTW, the '75 is real sweet, wish I had the money!) :yes:

Well the deal is done. My guess is my '75 won't sell this time of year but it is available. The Valk is a monster! I can't believe how quick that engine revs. It is a whole new experience to get used to the handling all the different controls. It's only been slightly above freezing around here so I haven't been very many miles but I really like the bike. I'll get some pictures after I get some wax on it.

Tim

Just a quick update. I solved the hard starting issue on the Valk after visiting their forum. It seems the choke on these things gets hard to move when you approach the full on position. If you push harder it will go the rest of the way and starts like a champ. I'm still on the first tank of gas (7.9 gallons) but I'm liking it more all the time. It hasn't been above 40 degrees for a week so it is a bit chilly on the road.

I have photos finally. there are more on my gallery.

Attachments

• Valkyrie 1.jpg
    Valkyrie 1.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 81