Memorial weekend plans

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
What are your plans for the weekend?

It used to be we'd pack up the kids and go camping.
That's a lot of work any more for us to get excited about doing, besides that the kids aren't in the least bit interested anymore.

Looks like it's a weekend of vegging for us, watching movies and relaxing.
Might take my wife's mom out for lunch Sunday and a movie, maybe BBQ Monday in the afternoon and a ride in the morning.

Just hope we can get a break in the weather to do something outdoors. We have been totally swamped for 2 weeks with lots more rain forecast. I guess I could start building an Ark.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149338#p149338:2uypyq3w said:
Terry » Today, 5:18 am[/url]":2uypyq3w]
Just hope we can get a break in the weather to do something outdoors. We have been totally swamped for 2 weeks with lots more rain forecast. I guess I could start building an Ark.
+1

Lots of good docs and movies on holiday weekends, put a new tire on the front, probably take it out to give it a good scrubbing, I`ll do something productive i`m sure.

Kitchen renovation and then burgers!! Taking the bike out for evening rides to stretch out the muscles form climbing up and down scaffolding. (Vaulted ceilings are a pain in the but to clean and repaint!)

Monday, taking the time to remember why and how I have these Freedoms!!

Rain briefly cleared until later, snuck in a short 35-40 mile ride around the lake after all. Short but sweet, early enough to avoid many of the idgit cagers. :cool:

This weekend in the UK is what we call a Bank Holiday, so a long weekend, this year I won't be doing anything, I have just got back from hospital A&E and I have shingles for C's sake. 64 and shingles and it hurts like I have been fighting with four kick boxers, just breathing hurts and I itch, it is constant. So nothing for me except live in pain, and you know us guy's the slightest discomfort it is the end of the world, and now it really is. arggghh.

Set up a rummage sale today and ran it until 1600..

Put the new rear tire on the Gl1000 tomorrow. Take front wheel off and take to bike shop to have new front tire installed. Old tires were 13 years old, so time for a change.

Change fork seals on 86 Aspencade (again) because new seals are leaking.

Put flowers on ancestors graves Monday morning and have a Bar-B-Q Monday afternoon with 4 kids, 4 grand-kids, significant others, and 4 great-grandchildren.

Other than that, do a lot of loafing.

First BBQ of the season tonight and a 7 hour ride on Monday!
554dc7e74c6b97733667ef42cb43a328.jpg

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149376#p149376:31lsjmej said:
rob.lafady » Sun May 24, 2015 9:43 am[/url]":31lsjmej]
First BBQ of the season tonight and a 7 hour ride on Monday!
554dc7e74c6b97733667ef42cb43a328.jpg
:good: :salute: :clapping: :moped:

Plan on taking both tires off to get changed. Was hoping for 2 more weeks before doing this BUT today found a screw in the front tire. It has been there for a while because the head is so smooth.
Change the shocks over to the rebuilt ones.

Go to the parade and then the cemetery to give our respects to the ones who reside there.

Hit our grandsons graduation and party.
Hopefully some couch time.

I got ambitious and put the rear wheel with a new tire on the 78 tonight. I also installed new rear brake pads while the saddle bags were off.

Noticed a spot of ATF under the front of the 86A, so the front fork seals replacement is priority 1 tomorrow. My daughter wanted to start on that tonight, but I pulled seniority on her and told her to go home because I was too tired to start that job tonight.

With any kind of luck, I will get the fork seals changed and the front tire pulled off the 78 tomorrow for installation of the new front tire on Tuesday. I'll also install new front brake pads while it's apart.

Hopefully, Monday won't be as active.

Wife has MS and can't take the heat anymore, so we just stay home in the A/C. Kinda makes it nice for the rest of the family - No plans = weekend farm hand. Somebody has to feed and take care of the horses while everyone else goes out of town to play. :fiddle: :fiddle: :fiddle: Maybe get a chance to get my 1100 back together tomorrow. :builder:

beautiful day in East Tn. i guess we're going for a good ride today . enjoy it while we can. . good luck everyone. :music:

Latest posts