My first time

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was driving my Chevy Cruze the other day and noticed a warning come up on my console...Turn Signal On...doh!

:smilie_happy:
Luckily, both of my Cads will put a message up on the DIC that says "TURN SIGNAL ON" in bright green letters after about a minute. I think they also turn on a "Check Gauges" light. The D-Evil will also start chiming....which is annoying as heck! We used to be able to hear the flasher "click-click-click" when the sigs were on, but on top of getting older, errr...more experienced... and the accompanying loss of hearing, the newer flashers are electronic, and don't actually click....some do make a ding-ding noise, tho.

5b4228445db74b0156c1f1b967653984.jpg

After riding the 81 for so long, I am accustomed to me being the self canceling unit. It surprised me when I really started riding the 84 and I kept turning the turn signal off only to find that I was turning it on for the other side... I felt like an idiot when I finally realized that the 84 had self canceling signals... :Doh2:

I got used to those on the 84 as well. Then started riding the valk and became the cancel device again.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=157553#p157553:2oh3nxzp said:
Offcenter » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:54 pm[/url]":2oh3nxzp]
Thank God for that loud turn signal beeper on my GL. :smilie_happy:

They do have a way of getting your attention if left on for too long.

I know it's annoying, but I've left my signals on too many times. I figured
this would help me remember to turn 'em off. It has.
Now my pickup truck is a different story. It has one of those VERY annoying things that goes DING DING DING whenever the door is open...or the key is in the ignition...or the seat belt is not fastened...or who know what else.
I went under the dash and found that little bastard and filled it full of glue.
Haven't heard a peep from it since. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Latest posts