Not A Wing, But Still A Boxer Engine

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a "unibody" car....no frame, so the floors are part of the structure of the car. In the long run, it would be best to cut out the bad sections of the floor, and weld in replacements if you plan on keeping, and driving it, imho. The rust doesn't look real bad, but it does need to be fixed.
It looks to me like someone left a window down, or was just plain sloppy with spilling stuff in the floor all the time. I know someone that will pour water on the floors of her car to keep them cool while driving in the summer....stoopid b :sensored: h. Some people... :Doh2:

There is now a glue used to replace car panels too. Expensive stuff but holds like a weld with no warpage from heat.

Watched your video Steve of driving the mean streets of Altadena. It almost felt like home seeing you coming up Lincoln past Maccas where we have shared a few burgers.
The only thing that looked a bit fake were those spotted things on the windscreen that I have never seen in California before. :smilie_happy:
Great to see how well your new project is going. :good: :clapping:
I think you should put the link up here so that everyone gets to experience your new found fun. :yes:

Very Nice ! and nice job on the Refresh, Looking at your profile location So Cal , Born and raised there for 35 years, Spent a Lot of time at Glamis Sand dunes , Your picture of your Rail looks like Rock riding at Octilla wells, Built a Turbo 4 seater Sandrail VW motor back in the 80's Good times !! Your Corvair is Nice what a good find and fun project ! Had a friend with a Corvair Spyder Turbo ..Ran Strong ! always leaked oil . but so did my 911 Carrera at the barrels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqz0eWcg7As

While I'm saving funds for more parts and a paint job, I did a Photoshop animation of a Corvair engine. It's not very accurate - the pistons hit the crankshaft! I didn't notice until it was done, and I don't really want to start over to fix it.

I did learn a lot about Photoshop...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZNNIeZMySA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Nice vid but the exhaust valve has no exhaust port. Crank weight may be between pistons so maybe it doesn't make contact.

The exhaust ports on Corvair heads do a horizontal turn before they go down to the manifolds. A straight cut through the head would not be able to show the entire port. Unfortunately, the crank I drew is too big. In reality, the crank throws are in line with the pistons, and just barely clear them.

Last night, I found many of the original blueprint drawings of the Corvair head and crankcase halves...pretty cool! If I ever do this again, I can get it right!

I should try a Wing engine...the ports are in line with the valves...

Latest posts