lakefront work

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pics
image.php

believe me this is a lot of lake weed and grass...mostly all pulled by hand

image.php

water gets deep instantly way over 20ft deep just 20 ft from shore ..

image.php

water is actually clear super clear

image.php

used the kubota to pull everything from the shoreline ....

:mrgreen:

pics ....

image.php

there is a high water drain on lake on the property that hadn't been touched in 30 plus yrs ...should took pics before hand ...but let me say it was all woods and impossible to go through....

image.php

this pic is at the road the culvert pipes were invisible before hand

image.php

this pic shows there was a lot of rooting going on

image.php

its about 300ft plus to the lake id say

image.php

pics

image.php

those dam vines were everywhere ...went in haack out out some head room and basically went after it with the mighty mouse kubota

image.php

where i stoped when i decided to take pics ...just used a simple grader blade thats adjustable ...also made it adjustable in ways is not ..LOL...you know me :mrgreen:

image.php

13hp mighty mouse ..diesel with differential lock and 4wd ..did not use 4wd

image.php

image.php

lake pic probably 8 to 10 acres

pics

image.php

at the end of lake drain ...and pile of soon to be fire

image.php

recent lakefront work ...and you can see piles of stuff to hold what ive graded in case of rain

image.php

canoe i wanted rid of of ..but noooo sentimental thing

image.php

silt fence at shoreline i just put up abit more work to make it right at the bottom

image.php

pics

image.php

hard to tell but really nice grade work ..the light and dark make it look lumpy

image.php

image.php

used to be raised bed and mulch ..i flaten it and its going to be grass through here

image.php

use to be busches here and the irrigation system my brother put there pissed all over my redwood work and the busches covered my work up ...i fired the both there gone

image.php

now you know why i havnt started the rewiring of hooch yet ...perfect time of yr for this work and the weather been to good for riding to hooch down for ant time at all right now LOL :BigGrin:

thanks jerry ...that work is over thirty yrs old ...i pretty much built this whole house by myself .....back before i got lyme disease i not only had smart hands i had total smart body and could do anything i wanted to do ....i was bad to the bone from head to toe...this whole house was built totally conventionally framed ....i built this house when i was farming up north and came here for the winters took two winters in fla to do it all ... :builder: i was the badest hammer around never met anyone in my life that could compete with me ...scared of nothing and could walk a tight rope with a full load of what ever ....and did it all stoned :hihihi: always had to get stupid enough for the job :BigGrin:

well jerry id say your right LOL....pics of why i still havnt done put my new wiring in yet

image.php

like this is going to last another 30yrs ..what crummy work is done in todays world

image.php

hard to tell the slope here but the two trees shows how the hurricane bent over tress and all ...many were down ..briers everywhere ..decided to clean the jungle all up and start fresh again

image.php

roots and stuff was and still is everywhere lots of work to do yet

image.php

yep lots to do..for me and the mighty mouse kubota

pics
image.php

leaving the big pines taking all the weed trees out ..there was many...

image.php

pic of my only helper shadowman

image.php

there he is again

image.php

now all the work i did on the lakefront is cover with burn pile from hell

image.php

more hell

image.php

silt screen put up to stop dirt from entering water ...i dont think ive lost one cup of dirt so far ....

image.php

fashioned a front hitch for trailer to move stuff

pics
image.php

i really pulled and stretch the bank here here i was really steep here and was a super challenge ...rather tame looking now ...

image.php

hell it was all a challenge really this place was pure jungle to say the least

image.php

image.php

image.php

the jungle bank was 765ft id say several semi loads of jungle was burned to get to this point ..tractor was on two wheels many times trying to tame the bank ...still have minor work to do ..and also put in more irrigation to feed the bank completely ...hope to seed it in next few days :beer: