House project....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep ...everything has to go just right for ....there is a stiff knee holding the roof about 20ft back from fireplace ....the roof is all free standing now ....over the years this made the house slip about 2" at the fireplace ...also crushed the brick work on the outside of fireplace ...and sunk the porch floor outside where the beam is at .... So this is the major fix ...as it is now it's safe and chained ....I will be careful

Pic
image.php

Thanks Gerry ..yes I've got lots of rigging experience ...and it did pay off ...house is pulled together and made like its suppose to be ...roof needed to come down about 4" at the top ...very pleased with the work and also I did it all by myself and the rigging I used ... :builder: :BigGrin:

Pics...
image.php

Man in the window x 2

image.php

Got fireplace tuned up to burn wood this size no problem

image.php

Fireplace is ripping hot like blast furnace

image.php

Pic of added roof to get fireplace in just one roof to seal ...and also roof had to be dropped to make things right again...after house settling made problems

image.php

Just another pic view of it

Had to get some tools today ....
So I went to my place to see if they had what I needed....great place not to many in the world like this place ....slabgoust been there and bought some things ....and as always I find something I didn’t need .....anyone that knows me well knows I like push reel mowers ...found one ...rather new ...25$ not a a bad gamble .....love the thing ...set up nice took awhile to get dial in to cut good ...but man does it cut nice ...throws the clipping in front again to be cut again ....also adjust to cut 4” high if you want ....and I also got the tools I was looking for a level ..a cat paw nail puller ..some pencils ...and a saw blade ....

image.php

Took pics so I could remember the name lol fiskars

image.php

It’s set about 3 1/2” in height cut ...it chain drive ..and it would be easy to mod to spin faster if you wanted too ....by using a bigger sprocket and extend the chain ....great buy and runs on cherrios or what ever you had for breakfast lol. :clapping:

Pics
image.php

Filling in roof where all the work was done to fix the house ....had tore a deck off the back of the house a while back and saved all the lumber ...so I used it to to do this project ....it will go all the way to the porch end when done

image.php

Done in all treated wood ....it’s all 1 1/2” thick ..certainly won’t rot and makes a structural beam also ...it’s all screwed together

image.php

Deck was all painted brown and sagging horribly ....this makes good use of the wood ...all wood that showing is the underside of the deck ...should have enough to finish it all and it cost nothing but my time doing it

Pics
image.php

image.php

About to get the roof closed in ....screw gun bit finally got to where it was bad and had to,stop ....been babysitting a lot lately and it’s been not the best weather also but it’s coming along .... :builder:

One of the things I dislike(d) most in life was working in the cold. Once you lose feeling in fingers, you're pretty much done. I recall more than a few wrenching projects while living in Massachusetts (11 years) in unheated spaces.

Sure would be nice if you could get the roof work done and then at least be in out of the wind and worst of the cold.

Pics.
image.php

image.php

1/2 gable is covered mostly now ...on to the porch ...the knee wall on top of the 8ft wall is to tall and not plumb ...time to redo that and cover it with plywood ...hopefully I will get things good for winter ..some good heat and plenty to do inside for the winter months .....fireplace and wood furnace in the basement both work good .....

Latest posts