Bad experience with tigerdirect.com

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Just wanted to pass on to beware!
They were once a very good online company for computer stuff, now net is filled with bad reviews. Add me to one of them.

Sale item of course, ordered on a Wednesday with no email shipping confirmation.
Gave it Thursday afternoon after work then called them.
45 minutes on hold to get someone who tells me it's back ordered!
When I placed the order it said IN STOCK ready to ship!

I check my account there Friday, still says back ordered.
Saturday same.

Monday it says in warehouse processing.
I think good, it'll ship today or Tuesday.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, still in warehouse.

Tied up with work with no time to wait on hold, Thursday I had to call I was getting too pissed off.

I'm steaming and ready to cancel my order.
I get on hold again, 40 minutes later I get to speak with someone that can barely speak English an I'm told the Georgia computer system got an upgrade and they're having problems with shipping software Lol.
This is coming from a computer parts supplier! Lol.

So since the item was $100-$200 less than anywhere else I decide while on the phone to wait it out. I was told it would go out that day or Friday priority UPS.
All day Friday still no shipping confirmation.
I check Saturday morning, finally a confirmation number BUT it doesn't say until Monday if UPS has their hands on it!

Monday comes and UPS has received it.

What is priority UPS?
I didn't get it until Thursday, 15 days on a 5-7 day order!

Last penny I spend there!

Oh well. Such is customer service today. I will never visit the local Honda dealer here again. On the other hand Motorcycle superstore was very helpful and quick.
And yes my last dealings with tiger weren't very good either. That 5 years ago.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152613#p152613:ieqk7jny said:
Omega Man » Today, 6:51 am[/url]":ieqk7jny]
Newegg still rocks, and it's in your backyard Dan.
Newegg prices always seem to be way up there is price.
The 980 gig ssd drive I got for $279 with a $20 rebate is $652 there, and $329 to $375 is typical on the net.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152636#p152636:2upnyn1q said:
Omega Man » 48 minutes ago[/url]":2upnyn1q]
Same exact item? Brand/model?
Yep

You know what the problem is, most of the service is done outside of US and Canada. I'm in Montreal and have service with Bell for internet, when I call them for service I'm connected with someone in India for the service. Dam, this is a Canadian company and I can't even get someone Canadian that speaks english. :rant:

Latest posts