New project definitely!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
A mate was selling his old work Utes ( utilities) and I couldn't say no as I have always liked the RTVs which have an increased ride height, one ton capacity and an electric/ vaccum locking rear differential. Part of the deal was an XLS variant standard ute which is currently registered until March 2016 as a potential parts car etc. As both cars are in better condition than expected I will fix up both and sell the XLS so that the RTV owes me next to nothing.
RTV
XLS

Love the look of that El Cafordo :mrgreen: ..Do you have a commercial vehicle tax on personal trucks?..Seems Australian light trucks always look like cars more then our standard trucks.
Nice project, wish I had one too.

mcgovern61":2nosfm5e said:
Nice!!! Wonder why we don't have them in the States? Great looking vehicle! What year is it? The grill looks like a 2000 Ford Taurus.
That sure does look like a Taurus front end, and in the link the new one looks like it has the same front end as a Fusion, Mondeo to the Aussies. Funny, we haven't had a falcon in the states since what, the late '60s early '70s?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153461#p153461:2liglt65 said:
mcgovern61 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:48 pm[/url]":2liglt65]
Nice!!! Wonder why we don't have them in the States? Great looking vehicle! What year is it? The grill looks like a 2000 Ford Taurus.
They are both 2004 models.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153601#p153601:dqkzgn74 said:
Denver » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:48 am[/url]":dqkzgn74]
Falcon became a mustang
They still made Falcons after the Mustang was introduced.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153635#p153635:xvf24fla said:
Denver » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:33 am[/url]":xvf24fla]
About 6 yrs, think 64 was first mustang.
Correct! :good:

I have been working on the 2 Falcon utes in between jobs. I am using the XLS ( the one I am going to sell) at the moment to run around in with all my tools so that I can empty my Forester and give it to the wife to drive while I fix her car. I have had a new center diff waiting for me to install it in her Diesel Forester before her current one fails totally ( at the moment it works more like a locker, making slow turns difficult). I have been fixing all the things that have been faulty for a while and contributed to their low trade in value and me being able to pick them up at a good price. As I am keeping the RTV I am keeping the best bits for it so that often means doing the same job twice. Luckily being an 11 year old Ford parts are relatively easily to come across at the right price. I picked up a really nice ICC unit ( CD player, digital display and HIVAC controls) to replace the faulty one in the XLS but that meant the old one in the RTV wound up in the XLS. Changing these units requires a scan tool to sink them to the canbus network and get them operating correctly. Both drivers door mirrors have been gaffer taped and screwed together where they have been damaged, the Central locking was faulty on the XLS so it received a new door actuator motor. I picked up an upmarket instrument cluster (XR), some free seats, airbag with cruise control and wiring, combination switch, free seats, and power window switch for the RTV.