Joy of Job Hunting on the infernalnet!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabghost

Reaction score
For a few months now I've been on the hunt for a new employer. The hours and environment have been getting harder and harder to endure. Seems everywhere you go these days they tell you go online or just point to a pc to apply. Oh goody high speed paperless! How nice and convenient. Now you can apply to dozens of jobs all day and be ignored entirely by all of them! :head bang:
Gotta just love this new world.

Vicious cycle and I feel your pain. Time to stop being self employed and get a real job for me!(been saying that for 10 years now :smilie_happy: ) Make sure that you take copies of all your online applications ( screen shots etc) as it will make it much easier in an interview if you are conversant with your answers. Good luck in your hunt! :salute:

Not feeling very lucky at this point. I might be on the way to self employment myself. If I can pass my own interview.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183416#p183416:1aeckmmv said:
slabghost » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:04 am[/url]":1aeckmmv]
Not feeling very lucky at this point. I might be on the way to self employment myself. If I can pass my own interview.
:smilie_happy: :salute:

I stopped at one of the local places I applied to online. Might need a part time driver. So there is a bit of hope forming.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183454#p183454:h8adw3w0 said:
slabghost » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:58 am[/url]":h8adw3w0]
I stopped at one of the local places I applied to online. Might need a part time driver. So there is a bit of hope forming.
:good: I find that I am always happier speaking to an actual person. If they are a larger company, the application online is normally the first point of contact and it saves a step when you speak to a human. :doh:

V if your hunt is anything like mine, you can't get to a real human in most cases, unless it's a very small company, 6 months sending out and filling out for positions, one phone call in response. What's wrong with that picture?

So far no phone calls for me at all. However I talked with a local store manager and supposedly they are wanting to add a delivery person. So if the higher ups approve I may get my foot in the door.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183492#p183492:2jgze9hj said:
slabghost » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:59 am[/url]":2jgze9hj]
So far no phone calls for me at all. However I talked with a local store manager and supposedly they are wanting to add a delivery person. So if the higher ups approve I may get my foot in the door.
:beg:

One interview so far. Maybe I'll have a job again in a week or two. For now I'll use the time not filling out applications to get a few things done at home.

Well it's been a very long week or two. I finally have more than an interview. I'm in process now of getting on the payroll. I should know my start day and schedule in a few days.

Latest posts