Stop Steve's influence.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
After watching Steve83's progress on his new non Goldwing product I have been paying more attention to Corvairs. One of the guys on the Australian Ford Forum ( for my RTV) has also purchased one which I follow. I also watched an early GM promo video comparing the Corvair ute/pickup to the Econoline which peaked my interest. Now this shows up.
https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/cto/5910325129.html
Too bad I spent all my money on a new hip.. :smilie_happy:

i use to work with a guy how had one of those....there rather neat ..but i must say ..when it loaded like his was all the time we need peddles ..so we could help it get going from a stop...sand was enough resistance for to just not move period ..LOL

And they're becoming more valuable all the time. I love the old school simplicity - the only electronics are in the radio. The FC (Forward Control) Corvair trucks could certainly use more power, and these engines are very easy to upgrade. My little '62 sedan really scoots with its original 80 HP, and I have a freshly rebuilt 140 HP that I may or may not swap into it.

Sorry for the bad influence, Tony! I hope that hip is doing well!!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184715#p184715:2gtumf8p said:
brianinpa » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm[/url]":2gtumf8p]
You're sorry... yeah right! That's what all enablers say. :shock:
:smilie_happy:
:whistling: :mischief:

When I was a kid, dad had a 63 and then a new '64 monza. They were neat cars. Too bad my sister toasted the clutch learning to drive a standard. That "rampside" is a neat truck, but it doesn't look like you could load a goldwing into it without a fight.

I don't remember what year it was but my dad had a blue and white corvair passenger van, he took my grandma and grandpa to Atlanta to visit another relative and five minutes after arriving the van caught fire

Back in the very early 70s when I had my bike shop, I heard a loud exhaust arrive. Went out and there was an old school friend with a very beat-up looking VW Beetle.
Oh My Word! How looks could deceive! It had a Corvair engine stuffed up it's hind-end making a load of noise; nearly as much as the tyres made when he dumped the clutch and lifted the front wheels.
Handle like a pig in a wallow, but in a straight line....................

Latest posts