I am admitting I am powerless over...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Oncor electric.....we've been without 'lectricity at the house since before 3am this mernin. Apparently,a "storm" came thru early, and knocked out a bunch of power all over the place. Latest map shows aboot 50 homes in my area. Sux that the folks on the OTHER side of the street have power.....bastiges. :rant:

This crap happens every dang time it rains, or we get a wee bit of wind. I need to get me a damn generator.....tired of this s :sensored: t.... :Awe:

I got tired of it here too. So I bought myself a generator. 3 years ago. Still in the box. Power hasn't gone out more than about an hour since I bought it.

:smilie_happy: Ya....but prolly worth the expense if it magically keeps the power from going out every time it sprinkles. :hihihi:
Maybe I can just go to Home depot and get an empty box to sit on the deck, right where the meter can see it.... :smilie_happy:

I bought a 5KW generator about 10 years ago for the camper.

It also powers up the house as needed with a 220V cable that plugs into the welder outlet in the garage, so I could power up the house if the power quit during the winter.

Worthwhile having?? You betcha!!

We are on tank water and have been for almost 25 years now. My only requirement was a generator so that you can at least have a shower if the power is out. Like Slab said we have hardly used it. Normally it takes me about an hour to freshen it up and get it running as it is an old 16hp single cylinder B&S with a rope start and a leaky fuel tank. It does put out 8kva once it is running. :good:

we had a wind storm pass through the area a few weeks ago and I had no power at the house for five days and to make things worse because of my neck injury I can't get my generator started. I went and camped out at my sisters until we got powerback

About 2 months back a storm here knocked out power for almost 24 hours. That's the longest it's ever been out in my 50 years here in cali. Usually no more than an hour max.
The worst part of it was had to go out for coffee in the morning.

They finally got it fixed around 5:30.....whew!! Mama was wantin me to take us out to eat... :smilie_happy:

A few years back, we lost power for several days, and wound up hittin a Holiday Inn until they got it fixed. Hated that stuff. I think Imma gunna hafta look into a generator. I friggin tired of this crap. :mischief:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188583#p188583:1914ssq4 said:
Ansimp » Yesterday, 5:21 pm[/url]":1914ssq4]
We are on tank water and have been for almost 25 years now. My only requirement was a generator so that you can at least have a shower if the power is out. Like Slab said we have hardly used it. Normally it takes me about an hour to freshen it up and get it running as it is an old 16hp single cylinder B&S with a rope start and a leaky fuel tank. It does put out 8kva once it is running. :good:
We had 2 big storms come thru in 13 months and 100,00's lost power for a week each time. We had a sea of generators on the dock for delivery for months following the second storm, Hurricane Sandy. I told myself, I bet I will be able to find one on CL in a couple of years, which I did; an old contractor's just like Ansimp's. It needed a starter and a battery, so I got $175 into it and I've never needed it since. Best money I ever spent! :yes:

All this talk about generators must of put something in the air/wind. Tropical cyclone Debbie smashed the coast up near Bowen and Hamilton island and created plenty of mess. We ended up with plenty of rain yesterday and towards the end some pretty high winds ( which normally knocks out the power) so we both stayed home from work and watched plenty of Netflix. The power only tripped out for about a couple of minutes at 2330 yesterday. Ruth has just rung me to say that her road to work has been cut off by flood waters and she is now trying the alternative route ( the one I tried to suggest) so I will find out if I will be going anywhere today fairly soon.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188564#p188564:20hspxry said:
AApple » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 am[/url]":20hspxry]
Oncor electric.....we've been without 'lectricity at the house since before 3am this mernin. Apparently,a "storm" came thru early, and knocked out a bunch of power all over the place. Latest map shows aboot 50 homes in my area. Sux that the folks on the OTHER side of the street have power.....bastiges. :rant:

This crap happens every dang time it rains, or we get a wee bit of wind. I need to get me a damn generator.....tired of this s :sensored: t.... :Awe:

we had some hail here in denton,no power problems except about an hour the power was off.

Latest posts