I'm taking a trip

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob.lafady

Reaction score
Hello everyone! First of all, if the moderators don't allow this post, I understand. In August I'm going back to the Dominican Republic with my church to do some work in a poor village near the Hatian boarder. I am in need of help to get there, I need to raise an additional $800 by June 10th for my airfare to get there and back. If any of you fine people here can find it in your hearts and wallets to help me, I really appreciate it. A tax deductible receipt can be provided from my church and we do accept PayPal. I hate asking for money, but up against a hard deadline, thanks again, Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rob.lafady":17wrm0ly said:
Let's give this a shot PayPal.me/RobertLafady

Well that obviously didn't work...

Okay, the link is ugly, but it's there, and thank you so much for considering giving, if you'd like a receipt for tax purposes I'll need your info to give to our secretary.

So I thought I might show you guys where I'm going and some of what we'll be up to while we're there. 6 of us are going to Habanero, Dominican Republic for 10 days to help the locals get some projects done that they don't necessarily have the money or expertise to do on their own. The saying is, there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Dominican way...they definitely have their own way of doing things! The organization we partner with, Evergreen 4 Kids, supplies funding for a school in the village and is putting the finishing touches on a youth center so the kids can stay out of trouble. Our team will be leading the projects of repainting the school, painting the youth center, and repainting the mission house, as well as other craft projects in the evenings for the kids. Again, if you can help out at all, I need all donations by June 11th. I'll post some pictures from our 2013 trip so you can see this beautiful country. Thanks again everyone!

[url=https://s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191237#p191237:2badmpt6 said:
rob.lafady » Tue May 30, 2017 7:42 pm[/url]":2badmpt6]
So I thought I might show you guys where I'm going and some of what we'll be up to while we're there. 6 of us are going to Habanero, Dominican Republic for 10 days to help the locals get some projects done that they don't necessarily have the money or expertise to do on their own. The saying is, there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Dominican way...they definitely have their own way of doing things! The organization we partner with, Evergreen 4 Kids, supplies funding for a school in the village and is putting the finishing touches on a youth center so the kids can stay out of trouble. Our team will be leading the projects of repainting the school, painting the youth center, and repainting the mission house, as well as other craft projects in the evenings for the kids. Again, if you can help out at all, I need all donations by June 11th. I'll post some pictures from our 2013 trip so you can see this beautiful country. Thanks again everyone!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 74.jpg
    74.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 116
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 116
Alright everyone, time is closing in! As a group, we still need $600 by Monday, any help is greatly appreciated!

Great news! We have officially raised our airfare money for this trip, thank you all for your support! We are going to try to raise an additional $1000 to take with us as a blessing fund for the village we going to, so if you wish to help more we can use it. Thank you all again!

Well I just want to say thank you once again, we fly out Thursday afternoon arriving Friday morning Miami, then a jump to Santo Domingo and a 4 hour bus ride to the village of Habañero returning through Philadelphia on Sunday the 20th and back home to Portland Oregon that evening. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to show and a lengthy report to fill you all in on!