Another new project. 2007 Falcon RTV on LPG

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
The mate that I bought the RTV from had 4 Utes that were all set up the same and he originally sold me his oldest 2 Utes, my RTV and the XLS that I originally drove then sold. His other 2 RTV utes were on LPG ( dedicated LPG not dual fuel) and he did offer one of the LPG Utes to me at the time but I couldn't afford the 3 at the time. He advised me that the LPG ones were a lot cheaper to run and would probably suit me better as my work car. I was skeptical because the range was only about 400ks on a tank and the engine produces 156kw instead of 182kw. It turns out I am only getting about 500ks out of a tank in my petrol/gas RTV anyway. I had told my mate if he ever wants to get rid of his last ute to let me know. As I really like my RTV and I don't intend to change from this style of vehicle I was always thinking about a spare vehicle for parts. This one has about 100K klms less than my one which is a three year older ute but it has had a really hard life. The price was right so I couldn't say no. :yes:

I replaced the sagging hood liner with a much better second hand one that needs a good clean in the future.
The steering column was sliding back and forth even though the adjustment lever was locked. It turned out there were some breakaway slide mounts that were damaged. I replaced them with some good units from another column.
The spare tyre is winched up underneath the tray, unfortunately this winch no longer did the job.
Today I replaced the two stuffed engine mounts.

Well it is now 3 years down the track since I started this post but seeing that it is the same vehicle I may as well continue here. I had a little bingle (my fault I think) with a Ford Focus and decided to claim it through my insurance. With a bit of horse trading I was able to get the panel beater to paint some replacement panels ( front guards/fenders and bonnet/hood), supply a new fender flare And I would only pay $200 instead of the $650 excess. I had to do all the work but I wanted to use my SmartBar (poly bull bar) and I managed to pickup all the replacement parts for $100.
I wired up the DRLs to the LED park lights
It uses a voltage sensing relay that reduces the out put voltage to the DRLs when the park lights are turned on. This is what it looks like with the headlight on.
Here are a couple of pictures with some daylight under the passenger front wheel when I was jump starting a drott.