Going down under...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerryb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Promised the wife we would escape a New York (Buffalo) winter and go to Australia. Question is which month between Novermber and March is likely to give us the best tourist experience? Our plan is to book a tour for the 2018/19 season.
I supposed I should also ask who wants what, that will fit in my suitcase!

all part of the adventure.

What part of OZ are you going to? In '95 I was forced to spend a week in Sydney waiting for an Aircraft Carrier to arrive. The timeframe was roughly March/April as we were heading for home after a six month cruise where most of the time was spent in the sand box. I absolutely loved it and the weather was great.

I also spent several days in the Perth/Freemantle area on the West Coast. That was the only place in the world that I could smell the lady's perfume as we pulled into port :BigGrin: Again, it was roughly the same time of the year and weather was wonderful.

If I ever have a chance to go back to OZ, it will be to Hobart Tasmania. There was just something about that quaint little town that appeals to me. I didn't spend near enough time there and as most of Tasmania is a National Park, well I think I could find something to entertain myself while I am there.

Kerry this year has been the most pleasant spring and beginning of summer in quite some time here in SE Queensland.We are currently heading for a heatwave over the Christmas break so it is really hard for me to advise which month would be best for you. I always maintain that September is the best month to travel anywhere but that wasn’t one of your options. Maybe arrive in November and see the more Northern states then head south if it is too hot for you. That being said both Melbourne and Adelaide can get pretty hot in our Summer.
You could always head across to Tasmania as the closer you get to Antartica the cooler it gets. :yes: