How to post YouTube music videos.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Want to post a YouTube(YT) video of your favorite song in the "What are you listening to right now?" thread? It's easy if you know the trick.

1. Search for your song in the YT search box.

2. While listening to your song click the "share" button under the video window.

3. This is the trick many don't know. You can't use that link in blue that pops up first. To the right of that link is the "show options" button. When you click that 2 choices come up. 1. start @ time index bla bla bla, 2. long link <-- is the one you want. Right click this longer link and choose "copy."

4. Still while listening to that awesome song, open a new tab in your browser, come here and start a "reply" in the music thread.

5. Click on the YT box under the box where you put a title to the reply.

6. Insert the link you copied into the middle of the .

7. Preview your post to make sure you got it right, then submit.

I hope this helps. Sometimes "sharing" of that particular video has been disabled by the site by request, and you only find out after you have gone through this proccess. Oh, and this probably works for all TY videos.

~O~

As long as I've been using Youtube I never noticed that share button, I always copied the address bar then had to edit the address sometimes so it would work in the post.
Slick, Thanks ~O~

Good tip on the share button I never noticed that before. It's nice having the video on what are you listening to especially if it's someone you haven't heard of. A lot of times I click on the video and it opens it in a new screen so I can still go through the forum and still hear the song. :cool: