Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwhittemore07885

Reaction score
Ok i recently purchased my 4th goldwing
03c54e908eeca8e9de4aab5403ed392f.jpg
...... cannot decide if i want to make basically a street glide (goldwing version) out of it or restore it . Title is salvaged but i saw the "accident" it was in and it didnt warp or break anything besides the left side bag and mirror. It was backed over sitting in the driveway. Are there any cool rear fenders made for these things ? Am i basically up to my own devices as far as leaving it bare?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Lot's of stock ones parted out for spare parts, :yes: keep your eye's peeled for what you need. Ebay has a lot of parts for sale. :read:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=173718#p173718:3asaewlq said:
ekvh » Sun May 22, 2016 10:40 pm[/url]":3asaewlq]
Trailer looks interesting.
+1 :good:

I can build you one for $2500 and will deliver halfway for $2800... one person can load a non running bike by themselves. Bike freestands while you hook-up straps . With a goldwing sitting on the trailer you can lift the tongue with one hand,about 70 lbs. Tongue weight. Led lights, alloy wheels ,2k# axel,can build singles and doubles 4x8 and 8x8

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=173727#p173727:16cxxfyq said:
nwhittemore07885 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:25 am[/url]":16cxxfyq]
I can build you one for $2500 and will deliver halfway for $2800... one person can load a non running bike by themselves. Bike freestands while you hook-up straps . With a goldwing sitting on the trailer you can lift the tongue with one hand,about 70 lbs. Tongue weight. Led lights, alloy wheels ,2k# axel,can build singles and doubles 4x8 and 8x8

Ouch. I agree, nice trailer, but that's a bit top heavy on price for my money. I'd go after a tandem axle car hauler (or enclosed single) if I was in the market and had that much coin to spend.

Very nice design, though.

Materials alone your right at 2100 on a double trailer

Yea the axelless axels are 600 of the cost alone

By the time you buy hubs,alloy wheels and 1/8 sheet of diamond plate to cover it theres 1200 of the build cost

Now, about that Goldwing project. Seat and fender options abound. From custom cutting and drilling to options offered commercially by several vendors. Google GL1100 customs and start stealing ideas. Blatantly use them, modify them or come up with your own twists. I see folks with new ideas all the time and think, "Dang, why didn't I think of that?"

Have fun!

Already have a 87 aspy loaded out im thinking something more sporty with this build......
e23d689da4df893b6831947e3f445eb3.jpg

Get rid of the fairing in favor of a nice shield and modify a Valk seat to fit with a nice rear fender and light combo and you'll have a looker for sure.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=173744#p173744:3g36z0uz said:
nwhittemore07885 » 22 minutes ago[/url]":3g36z0uz]
Already have a 87 aspy loaded out im thinking something more sporty with this build......
e23d689da4df893b6831947e3f445eb3.jpg

I'll say, looks loaded with every accessory doodad available. Very nice.

Was like that when i bought it for 2500 bucks ... 91k miles and i have the entire honda service records for it down to brake pads

I must have missed it, what year is the new bike?

Either way, having a mega-dressed bike already I'd strip it down as light as possible for performance and other kind of fun with it if you know what I mean. I have street racer blood in me :mrgreen: