Need a quick measurement

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalterM817

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys I'm currently redoing my 82 Interstate to it's former glory. I want to put the fairing back on and will need the counterweight again. I have all the bracket pieces but unfortunately the tabs that go down to the lower triple tree are missing on the brackets. I was wondering if anyone could take a measurement of the tab length from the end of the tab up to the bottom of the bracket? That way I can just mark the spot on the tube to install the brackets. Thanks in advance if someone has a tape measure and a few minutes. I'm not sure how critical this is but but I want to get her as close as possible. Thanks ,Walter

That looks to be close. I'm sure it's not really that critical but I want it as close as I can do. Just trying to remember what I did 5 years back is kinda tuff. Thanks Dan

Thanks for the offer but I think I have what I need now. The brackets for the weight which Came on the bike I had cut the length tabs that goes to the lower triple tree to set the height of the weight in order to use them for something else. The brackets are OK just need to get them at the correct height. At any rate I appreciate the offer but I think I'm good at this point.
Thanks, Walter

image.jpeg
Getting her done now! Shake down cruise showed no ill effects and nothing has fallen off so far!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 280