Swapping Trunks!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice finish Gerry, did you cut the tubes back on the gl rack? put plugs in the ends?..I have seen chrome or SS pipe caps I think it was at ACE but cant recall.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=170871#p170871:5agtgtjn said:
zman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:26 am[/url]":5agtgtjn]
Nice finish Gerry, did you cut the tubes back on the gl rack? put plugs in the ends?..I have seen chrome or SS pipe caps I think it was at ACE but cant recall.
Yes I did Jeff!

New trunk and bags are real nice. But the bike has always been garage kept since installation and on my trips these last few years no rain.

Well, the bike has been stored outside all winter with a cover this year. This past Saturday, I took her out for a ride (84 degrees out!). Nothing special and just a bit of knee pain. I parked the Slug in front of the garage without the cover (just real nice out).

Major weather change overnight and for that last two days we have been getting clobbered with high winds and serious rain. A real deluge. Bike got absolutely soaked. :shock:

Cleared up today. I had to know. How did the bags and truck hold up to that blast of rain and wind? Dry as a bone insde the bags and trunk! Ahhhh.....new seals are wonderful. :Egyptian:

Latest posts