1985 GL1200 Custom

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinSaladin

Reaction score
I was told you all might like to see what I have been up to for a bit.. This is my 1985 GL1200 Interstate.

Attachments

• 20160707_162242.jpg
    20160707_162242.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 503
Tell us more about your build. I see the stock carbs. Did you upgrade the motor in any way? Did you redo the seat yourself? Are those the interstate bags? Is that a fuel cap I see on the faux tank?

Welcome,
Very nice in classic moto black with shaved emblems and all.
Looks like a resized cut down front fender and custom seat too.
Is that a speaker on top of the bags?
You just don't see many naked or near naked 1200's.
:good:

The front fender is only missing about 3 inches.. the seat had been cut down and recovered. It has a full sterio with 2 speakers in each bag. I put the radio in the shelter
FB_IMG_1467284243537.jpg

Is that an 84 shelter??? :headscratch: If so where did you find such a hen's tooth??? :shock:

It is in deed a 84 shelter with the trim in front and radiator fan gaurds. I got every peice of body work off an 84.. It even has an 84 main wire harness in it.. its been a task but all together I am happy with it. That shelter actually came from Washington DC. I drove 13 hours each way to get it. Shortly after I got that one. I found another in Illinois. That one has made its way to the state of Washington now.

PLEASE let me know if you find another!!! :yes: Main problem in making a standard out of any 1200, unlike the 1100's :roll: Would likely do a similar thing with my Interstate, :good: with no stereo, :whistling: leaving thing's so fairing could always be reattached, with the stereo, not a very big deal. :salute:

While the shelter poses a problem with the 1200s the biggest hurdle was the wiring and gauges. If you leave the wires that were suposed to go in the fairing. You will have an extra 8 feet of wire harness. And the 8 feet is not an lie. I measured it. Thats why i found an 84 standard harness. Which was a task on its self to get in the bike and have everything work. Its not as plug and play as first believed

Latest posts