hooch mirror mounting

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pics
image.php

been wanting to try this mirror set up ..dont look to bad hope it passes the road test ...

image.php

i think im going to like it ..hope so ....seems like the pernament mod is quite simple ...virtually no weight but mirrows.... :builder:

well im quite small in the middle ...so maybe it wont be to bad ...really dont want them any wider if i can help it ...i like the fact there easy to get at move and all ...test ride will make or break the positioning of the mirrors

Let us know how you like them. I've been looking at them on others and wondering how they work. Not as much in your focused field of vision, but probably could get used to them.?

the test was promising ....well eric i had the mirrors on the vetter sort in best spot up high ...that worked well ...but i got tired of having lights in the mirror from behind me ...this im hoping will move the lights out of my main focus of looking ahead ...seemed rather easy to glance down a bit ...so it looking good to me so far :builder:

Looks good from front.
As long as you can see your back, shouldn't be a problem.
I don't like mirrors sticking up from the handlebars.
I once had this setup on my BSA. LOL
DSCN4599.JPG

A little concerned that the placement takes your eyes down and sideways versus the sideways glance the regular placement requires. Anything that breaks your concentration on the road ahead could lessen your safety awareness. However, each person is different and mirror placement is a personal preference. Put them where you want.

Just keep the ideas coming.

i agree to a certain point ...there comes a time when mirrors hurt your forward vision ...im trying to find a less harmful vision robber at night when someone on your ass ...

pic
image.php

the mirrors are more up here and about an 1" further out ...used a piece of plywood to test mirrors for real ...they will stay still now :smilie_happy:

so far mirror testing has been super great place for the mirrors in my opinion ...they have found a home on hooch ..might change mirrors and stuff many possibilities here ..but the fork mounting is home for things

pics
image.php

ok mirror testing has gotten to a quite high level....im fixing to travel to st augustine from chuluota a bit less than 200 miles one way ...the mirror placement has been totally successful ...i think the biggest reason people dont think under bar mount is all that good is everyone uses to small mirrors when doing it ....actually its my opinion its totally better place and dosnt bother your strait ahead vision with blinding glare ...and mirrors are easy to see down low .....

image.php

you can see i spend plenty on setting something up....funding cost so far 0....the fork clamp is a conduit hold down....mounting strip plywood ...and a few screws....mirrors are honda faring stock mirrors

image.php

you can see how open it seems around mirror...with me on bike its no different ....on the night ride last night ...glare from behind from cars ...even one right on my ass ..was all down low ...and to beat everything else for sure is i could block all the glare easy with the jaw bone of my full face helmet....that was nice no bother at all to do that .....im very pleased

would like to find a piece of plastic strip in black thick enough to be stout to mount mirrors and be done with it black would look good and not rust ever .... :thanks:

yes it would skirri ..be nice set up that way ..right now the turn signals are in the headlight housing on the side ....im thinking of mods like your talking ...im for sure thinking of moving my turn signal lights on dash to a place i can see them quicker if i leave them on ...many things going on here for mods ..as always funding controled .. :rant:

The new look is getting better all the time Joe. :good:
+1 In getting some turn lights in the mirrors eventually.

Could use emblem tape to attach little marker lights to the front outside of the mirrors pretty cheap. Just need to add ground wires to them. Looks much like a light bar with mirrors in place of the lights. I like it.

:smilie_happy: yep dan hooch for sure is more on the rat side than showbike or even a good looker ...this is all just testing set up .....as said its going well ..light is stiill not finished attached....sheild has been cut on bottom yet ...and mirrors are not finish mounted either ...the rather small but long trip im going to make will be part of testing ..to see how it travels ..i might not be able to handle the extra trauma from the smaller shield....we will see ...

but i am getting a whole new perpective on how a bike should e set up ...i really like the mirrors ...i also got a fender coming ...with all things completed i hope it beats rat bike looking ....might be wishful thinking ...

hooch dosnt have to much in common with a stock oldwing anywhere ..including looks ...stock bikes are hard to beat when they look show room quality like some are ..naked or dressed.. :mrgreen: