Cafe, anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
A buddy of mine sent me this pic....sweeet!

530944_10200196452687865_1807622382_n.jpg

That belongs to Lars (aka "Octane"), a fellow from Sweden who is a pillar over on the Naked Goldwing site. That bike has gone through many iterations - and that photo appears to be an earlier one. I believe it is currently supercharged with a few other changes. It also sports a (in my opinion) gaudy "Gigante" script on the shelter covers these days.

He hasn't been active over there lately. Word is that he's busy prepping "things" for runs on The Salt.

<EDIT:> Aw shucks... :oops:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179117#p179117:mnav5hzn said:
desertrefugee » Yesterday, 10:08 pm[/url]":mnav5hzn]
That belongs to Lars (aka "Octane"), a fellow from Sweden who is a pillar over on the Naked Goldwing site. That bike has gone through many iterations - and that photo appears to be an earlier one. I believe it is currently supercharged with a few other changes. It also sports a (in my opinion) gaudy "Gigante" script on the shelter covers these days.

He hasn't been active over there lately. Word is that he's busy prepping "things" for runs on The Salt.

<EDIT:> Aw shucks... :oops:

There was rumor that Lars was going to sell it to fund his new obsession with the salt....

Hi!! New to forum. Im.more of a fan of rat cafe. I love the look of a bike that has been rode hard and still has the dirt to show it. Haha. This is my 1978 GL1000.

32924f3898645c3c774dab71c9f6a2ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

desertrefugee":2288xgrh said:
I'm all for the rat bike/dirt look. To each his own. But, I would think they all have one thing in common.

They need decent rubber.
That picture was taken when I was still building it. Tires were replaced before she hit the pavement. I'm not that stupid.

Of yours! Sorry if I pushed a button, but I have actually seen guys who ARE that st*pid. Glad you replaced it.

These old wings lend themselves well to that look. Why don't you start a thread on your efforts?

Oh, it's cool.

To be honest, I've never really taken many pictures or documented the work that I've done on any builds. I get into it, and get lost enjoying the dirty work. Haha. And it's only after I've done it that I wish I had. I do have a before pic though, of how she was delivered to me.

bc17c0eb166e07e776921848891566b0.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=180165#p180165:5fz796d7 said:
MobtownMatt » Today, 7:46 pm[/url]":5fz796d7]
dan filipi":5fz796d7 said:
I like the look.
Of mine? Or cafe in general?

I like the look of yours. That shield is cool.

Thank you. I was actually going to save it for the CB500 cafe project that I'm working on as well, but after I set it in place, I fell in love and started working to fabricate the mounts. It took a few adjustments to the mounts to get it to sit just right, but I'm very pleased with it. Now I'm on the hunt for a new wind screen. This one is very hazy, and polishing has not helped.

Haha. That's true. But I do like the look of the purple tint with the black.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=180203#p180203:27977tbk said:
desertrefugee » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:38 am[/url]":27977tbk]
Just paint it! It's not like you'll be looking through it anyway...or very often anyway. I almost never look through mine.

That was my thought as well. Paint it from the inside and it will take a different shade than painting it from the outside.

brianinpa":132mclp0 said:
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=180203#p180203:132mclp0 said:
desertrefugee » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:38 am[/url]":132mclp0]
Just paint it! It's not like you'll be looking through it anyway...or very often anyway. I almost never look through mine.

That was my thought as well. Paint it from the inside and it will take a different shade than painting it from the outside.
The haze is on both sides. Even if I didn't like the tinted look, you still see the haze on the outside.