Project rat chopper

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfpackCC

Reaction score
Good day everyone,thought I'd share my build with you guys and get some feedback back as I go along.

Bike is a 1976 gl1000

My plans are longer forks ( kawasaki 454 ltd give 6" over stock),magna tank,removal of stock tank,bobber spring seat,FLH rear fender,solid struts and maybe hard bags made with licence plates so far I've mocked up the front end...not bad hey?

Attachments

• 20161129_121318.jpg
    20161129_121318.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 360
Do you plan to rake it any? Longer forks have already changed the rake some I'm sure. Solid look rear wheel? Plates on either side covering the spokes? I like that look.

Those forks have the axle placed to control trail to reasonable amount, same as my Magna's. Is there a fork brace available for those? What mm are the forks?

Hi guys, sorry I didn't have time to work on it yesterday as I had to deliver my 1200 project and pick up a mint 1500...straight trade so I jumped on that.

As for the solid wheel I use a comstar with pizza pans and secure the pans with the hub bolts.

As for rake I'm leaving it the way it is till I ride it and see how she handles,I do want I 70's tall long bike fell to her.

Forks are 36mm and I'm sure I could find or fab up a brace.

Younger dude acquired it from an older man who dropped it but no damage was done to the bike but the fellow was scared so sold it for a very low price. Younger dude bought it to flip it but liked the direction of my project and agreed to trade...bike Runs great!!

Wow! Great deal but I was really looking forward to the 1200 build. Did you invite the new owner to join us?

Yeah I was excited when I got the 1200 but the 1000 and my 500 honda chopper are keeping me busy plus the 1500 will be great to pull my camping trailer.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

desertrefugee":3swod2zb said:
Hope you didn't hurt the seat with that strap... :shock:
That's the picture the previous owner sent me...it did leave a mark but it has a few holes here and there so I'll be recovering it over the winter but yeah that's not the way I strapped it [emoji36]

desertrefugee":1ua1vzfd said:
[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=184405#p184405:1ua1vzfd said:
joedrum » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:41 am[/url]":1ua1vzfd]
now thats how you get a project done......nice bike [emoji3]

:smilie_happy:

No kidding. Best trade I've seen in a long time.
Yeah I'd say it's my best one yet!!