GL1100 single carb back to OEM conversion....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello as im getting closer to converting the bike back to OEM carbs, im starting to wonder is there anything majorly changed on the conversion over to single carb? this is my first goldwing so bare with me!

Attachments

• my bike.jpg
    my bike.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 113
True. I wasn't even thinking of an airbox yet but that will be on the list, as well as the choke cable now. Explain the push pull cable please!

The throttle handle uses two cables. One is a push cable, the other is a pull cable. When you convert to a single carb, you only need the pull cable so you get rid of the pull cable. As DR mentioned thou, a stock carb rack will work with just the pull cable.

On another note, I need to look through my shop. I may have the air box and a set of cables floating around from my 1100 days.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201109#p201109:8xehg80s said:
brianinpa » 2 minutes ago[/url]":8xehg80s]
The throttle handle uses two cables. One is a push cable, the other is a pull cable. When you convert to a single carb, you only need the pull cable so you get rid of the pull cable. As DR mentioned thou, a stock carb rack will work with just the pull cable.

On another note, I need to look through my shop. I may have the air box and a set of cables floating around from my 1100 days.
Thanks again.