• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling a seat

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-50Dave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm selling my OEM '81 seat. Been in storage since I bought the bike and replaced with an aftermarket upgrade. Its been in storage for over 25 years and is near perfect. I'm gonna throw it up on Ebay and don't know whether to do an auction or "Buy it now". Opinions? Thanx, Dave
DSC02019 (2).JPG

DSC02018 (2).JPG

I think you can do auction with buy it now option. Drawback is auction will not exceed buy it now. At least not if I'm bidding.

Decided to go "Buy it Now". They wanted 4% for a reserve price & I'm too cheap for that. Makes me think that '81 STD on Ebay over the winter that never sold cost him quite a few bucks for no sale.

We are just finishing a restoration on an '81 and took it for a ride. We both thought the '81 OEM seat was more comfortable than my Travelcade "Road Sofa" on my '82. I am so tempted to buy the seat for my '82! :whistling: