• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

One of a kind, overhauled LTD muffler

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fogey

Reaction score
DSCF0525.JPG

This is the sort of thing that only comes up once in a blue moon. Read this page:
https://www.wingovations.com/gl1000-ltd- ... 4593911547

PM me with any questions.
someone asked:
Do the stainless tail pipe extensions have the correct rolled lip on the ends? Just curious ..

The honest answer is.......nearly. The stainless steel is a little thicker and very much harder to roll tight than the thin mild steel of the originals.
But in all reality, you would have to have the two types side by side to see the difference. I spent countless hours and emails to various makers of aftermarket tips. The answer was always the same; they did not have the facility to roll the correct shape.

Thank you. It took a long time to get all the bits together and a load of money too! Yes , I know it is expensive but I think it was worth doing. The pictures don't do it justice really. It looks amazing in the metal.

that really is a stunning bit of gear. i do have a small question tho. every bit of info i have found on the GL says the original finish on the headers and exhaust was a flat black.
i dont mind the satin or semi gloss paint but do you know if any were done with it originally ?
this from July 75 in Aussie Two Wheels mag.
image.php

interestingly, the pictures in this road test were of a US model wing. so whether file pictures were used or it was a US model used we may never know.

Maurice, the headers were flat or matt black certainly, but I'm not at all sure about the silencer itself. I did it satin partly because I thought that the mounting plates in their satin powder coat would look quite wrong, and partly because I liked it! I guess if that was the case and someone was totally into OEM look, it would be fairly easy to coat over the satin with matt.

Well, not a sign of any interest from anyone, on any of the forums or my membership on Wingovations.
I know it's not been up long; maybe I need to give it more time. But I would really like to move it for two reasons. The first obviously is recoup some of the money I have laid out, the second is that when things are left sitting around they stand the chance of being damaged.
So I'm going to go back to my original plan. The auction, limited to Wingovations, NGW, GoldwingDocs and Saunders site will run to the end of the month when best offer over $850 takes it. Email me at [email protected]
I will update as (if) the offers come in, but not who is bidding.

John, it is a nice piece and well done! I do not have a GL1000 so I do not have a need for it. But it sure is a great piece or work!

Thank you.
Obviously when I said the auction, limited to Wingovations, NGW, GoldwingDocs and Saunders site will run to the end of the month it also included you lot too! :oops:

This is now on eBay. I need it moved so it's up for BIN at £575 or approx $800. I might even listen to very close offers.