• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: (OK, long shot: 1984 Clutch Cover)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently, the bolt pattern changed. And the '84 has the "notch relief" in the cover - it's the only one of the 1200 hydraulic covers that bolts up to the 1000.

You sellin'? This could get to be a habit...

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195359#p195359:354zu4kz said:
desertrefugee » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:19 pm[/url]":354zu4kz]
Apparently, the bolt pattern changed. And the '84 has the "notch relief" in the cover - it's the only one of the 1200 hydraulic covers that bolts up to the 1000.

You sellin'? This could get to be a habit...

Yeah, the 85 and up are going for $10... how does $15 sound which would include the postage to get it to you?

Putting in hydro clutch in 1000....ok mod but ...the 1200. Clutch should be used also ...the clutch is much better and half the reason it operates easier than the 1000 clutch....but this mod gets involved ...but if done you come up with 12 percent more oil and coolant flow....

Dang, Joe. My list is already getting pretty long here. You ain't helping! This time of year, I'm always getting stoked for wrenching projects for cooler weather. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while. You're talking 1200 basket and all, I guess? Sure hadn't planned on pulling the motor. If I were to do that, I'd want to do a lot of other things and just don't have the funds for it right now.

I agree .....my observation come from putting a 82 1100 clutch cover on a 84 1200 motor in a 82 1100 bike ...at the time most were saying the pull would be very hard if I did this ...well the opposite happen ...the clutch operated easier than 1000 clutches do ..