Any riders who want to ride to Alaska??

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcoy02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for riders who want to ride their bikes to Alaska this summer 2014. I am plannig a trip but do not want to go it alone.
I want to go in a group of an even number of riders. 2 4 6.
I plan to do mostly camping and using a hotel after several days of rain.
I want to leave the US by way of Glacier National Park.

Upon return to the lower 48 I want to ride through Washington and Oregon on my way home to Ohio. I currently have 48 states under my belt and these 2 will make all 50.

I figure this will be a 11,000 mile trip for me.
The group I thought I would ride with are not going until 2015.

So any serious riders interested?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105231#p105231:32kggdaw said:
wilcoy02 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 am[/url]":32kggdaw]
The group I thought I would ride with are not going until 2015.

I'm guessing this means you've talked to Dave Banks and our Chapter put it off until then?

I would seriously love to do that ride. Probably more than any other destination.

Problem is I have to work & only get 1 week a year vacation. :crying:

There's no way I could do a ride like this but would love to have to ability to do so.

I hope you get to go & please post up some pictures along the way. :salute:

Yes. John I talked to Dave and they are not going until 2015.
I would love to go this summer 2014 but I do not wnat to go alone. TOO FAR AND DESOLET for a solo ride.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105867#p105867:3d5sxvpw said:
Trak » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:43 am[/url]":3d5sxvpw]
how about mexico and south America? I can leave TOMMORROW! :moped:

Problems with the LAW? :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106062#p106062:240zt9hl said:
wilcoy02 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:33 pm[/url]":240zt9hl]
When are we leaving for Alaska?
I don't have the fancy campin gear you guy's have for that. Although I do have some hospitable rele's that live in Ak.

Wilcoy - Too far for me; if I had a Bunk House, Time Out or Leis-R-Lite, I MIGHT consider it...I pull an HF Tag-a-Long trailer with all my camping gear and that's just too long of a trip for me to set up/break down a tent every day....
I hope there are some adventurous souls out there that want to go...

I'm retiring very soon. This has been a dream of mine for some time. I'm have knee replacement next month, and have been bending my wife's ear about this since I first read your post. She gave me a Christmas card and in it said, hope you enjoy your ride to Alaska. The issue will be if my leg is up to it this year or not.

The group I want to go with are not going until 2015. I had hoped to go in 2014. So if I do not find anyone to ride wiht in 2014 I will be going in 2015.

I had hoped to ride from Ohio to Oregon and up thru Washington and then head North. I want to hit these 2 states for my 49th and 50th states I have been in. Wanted to hit those first as I know I will not want to do it after Alaska as traffic will seem way too much after being in a wilderness.

After Alaska I want to hit Glacier national Park and head back to Ohio. I know Glacier Park will seem little compared to what I hope to see in Alaska.

Hope your surgery goes well.