Update

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm not sure the 1100 tensioner stuff will bolt to 78 ...might ...seems the 75-77yrs had the least chain tension.....78-79 were better ...sounds like there quite a bit of work on it to do with the rotor deal.....

I did some reading and found that the 1100 will drop in the engine. The 1200 will work also but the cover thingy needs modded some. So I just found a low miles primary chain and guide with the tensener. I found out what happen to the engine in the 78. PO turned the bolt on the gen and it got loose. Well by the time I got it figured out and retignened it it worked fine but the damage was all done. The magnets collapsed and caused the engine to make that sound I don't want to ever hear again. Puled it out and split the case this evening. Been on vacation but going back to work on the 5th. I'l have plenty of time to fix the 78 due to the heat down this way. To hot to ride right now so I'lll tinker on the old girl.

Have the engine block back together. Heads are getting finalized soon. Need to lap the valves change the seals and ad the 75 cams. New clutch pack new water pump,fuel pump, and a few other things. Moving slowly soon she will be back together then it's box her up and on the shelf so to speak. Miss my 78 almost there.

We just got back from Ocala representing classicgoldwings.com all of the LED bulbs arrived will be installed shortly.

Attachments

• 20210412_154727_HDR.jpg
    20210412_154727_HDR.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 106
Well it's been 5 long years since this bike was road worthy. The family and friends involved in this bike over the years has helped me with moving forward. Once it get the tires and tags 1 riding season then I'll put it up for good. I'll keep it till the end. A real learning experience. So thanks for all the support getting this a reality.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zgreH6PFKfHaN49Y8

Attachments

• 20210502_134647_HDR.jpg
    20210502_134647_HDR.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 106
Hello all. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I still have my 78 she has retired complete and in running order. She is resting on my bike lift table strapped and will be there to the day I die. A lot has happened since my last post and I'm here to tell you all my life has changed forever. In February 13 Monday 2023 at 2:45 in the afternoon I was hit head on and rolled as well as rotated a cpl different directions Landing me facing the opposite direction I was traveling 50 feet from the highway I was on. I'm a statistic and a miracle. 2 fractured ribs and a collapsed lung. I have 10 screws and a plate in my foot. Permanent nerve damage among other things. I'm sharing this with you all to let you know life can be pulled in a instant. Tell the ones you love that you love them. And always keep your phone in a location that will not be ejected from you. My wife was notified
received_537551428470239.jpeg
FB_IMG_1676486597056.jpg
late that evening. I was a missing person. I was on my way to an appointment. Be careful fellas and fellets.