New to forum new to me wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiejohn

Reaction score
Hello everyone brand new to forums but got a new project I'm sure I'm going to need guidance with. She's an 84 gl1200a been sitting for two years put air in the tires gas in the tank and rode her home about two hundred km she runs and starts great even come with the eagles greatest hits cassette ha ha planning on cleaning her up for weekend trips to explore Canada and possibly the states

Attachments

• IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 127
I was stoked she ran so smoothly seems to have a few small problems and cosmetically probably not the best but a whole lot of bike for very little money I've started a post in the restore section so I can document some problems and fixes but very excited to give her a quick tidy up and service make sure she is safe and get some good bike time in very soon

Thanks guys already glad I've joined up getting some great direction already I've got another thread in restoration not much happening at the moment thou

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190575#p190575:13uwlobz said:
Aussiejohn » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm[/url]":13uwlobz]
Ansimp, I'm from Gladstone originally your neck of the woods mate!
Just up the road. :good:

Heading home end of the year mate hoping to bring my toy as it easy to ship as she is older. Thinking of riding the west coast to la then flying shipping from there hence rebuilding her a bit as I would imagine parts availability/cost is going to be a little harder back home. Perhaps we can meet up for a ride and a beer when I make it home

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190605#p190605:oxir4g1a said:
Aussiejohn » Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 am[/url]":eek:xir4g1a]
Heading home end of the year mate hoping to bring my toy as it easy to ship as she is older. Thinking of riding the west coast to la then flying shipping from there hence rebuilding her a bit as I would imagine parts availability/cost is going to be a little harder back home. Perhaps we can meet up for a ride and a beer when I make it home
Sounds like a great plan. I rode the Rats Nest for 6000 miles in the states and then shipped her back home using a Croweater that has been living in LA for 28 years. If you need his details I can hook you up as he looked after me really well in 2013. :salute: