Goldangit

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankroche

Reaction score
Replaced the left front brake line with SS/Teflon. Ended up taking the fairing off the mounts and pulled out forward and lowered it.

Started to try to do the right front and couldn't get the joint apart! Had to take apart the electrics. Put it back together and tried it before finishing and no electrics. The clock works, the battery is fine (checked it with a multi meter), nothing at the fusebox.

Since the clock works shouldn't everything be connected after the solenoid fuse, like the clock? And yes it has a modern fuse.

Had this very same type of issue on a '65 Plymouth Fury that I owned. Did a tune up - points, condenser, plugs and then it would not start. Started swapping out parts and still no joy. Called my father and he said to go back to the beginning. I had tightened the points and condenser connection such that it turned and grounded to the block. My thought here is that a connection is not quite right. Go back to the beginning of the work and redo what you have already done. Just a thought.

Cheers

Not sure about the 1200, but the Hondaline faring on the 1100 has a separate ground wire that is easily forgotten. You should have continuity between any grounds in the fairing, and the bike frame.

Well after viewing the schematic, (no luck there) I went back and checked everything 3 times! finally I found a wire (red) of a pretty big gauge, pulled out of the two row connector on the right side, the ones mounted on the screwed on metal on the fairing. Made a connector and reconnected the wire outside of the connector and viola, all good again. Second connector problem on this 37 year old bike!