Bike lift jack

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that particular brand, but the harbor freight and craftsman versions. If you have a lot of extras on the rear of your bike the jack tends to tilt to the rear because of the center of gravity. I find that once the saddle bags are off I have no problems.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190725#p190725:3iazaxe2 said:
D-50Dave » Thu May 18, 2017 9:14 pm[/url]":3iazaxe2]
Anyone ever use one of these? Thoughts and comments sought. Thanx, Dave
https://newhaven.craigslist.org/tls/6137384631.html

I got mine from CL as well.

Mine is branded Craftsman.

Works great on my GL1000.

well worth the $40

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190729#p190729:2w33q3pj said:
kerryb » Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 pm[/url]":2w33q3pj]
Yes, i have one and it works good. I much prefer my HF lift table, but it takes up a lot of room when not in use. (I keep a bike on it all the time!)

Wish I had the room for one of those but with only a single car garage, not gonna happen.

I have one - and a lift table - and a flat, low profile scissors ON the lift table - and also a bike always on the "operating table". I would buy that even for $40 if I didn't have one. Indispensable.
wheelsandpanels.JPG

I got one Just like it... from Harbor Freight , used it many many times , works just as it should , had it maybe 4 years , works good as new . :popcorn:

I suspect you will have to remove all the luggage and racks and rear fender in any case. At that point, using the center stand will probably suffice. I have used my ATV jack to drop the motor of my GL500i, but I wouldn't trust it with entire assembled Goldwing.

I have a HF jack for my 83 GL. Bit on the full load rating of the lift, but worked well. Plenty of straps before taking up in the air. I also put a wrench on the bigger hardware to loosen first. Would not want to be wrenching too hard with the bike off the ground. Worked great to take both wheels off at once for front and rear tire change.

I've used a similar jack many times to work on my 82 gl1100I, no problem getting the rear tire off. Having only to remove the fender extender will allow enough room to remove the wheel. No need to remove the entire fender.

Had one for several years and they work fine but it leaks oil so I converted to air pressure which leaks too but nothing to clean up. Put a 10K car lift in my new shop...have my little jon boat on it now doing some upgrades. If you have room it's the way to go...IMHO.

Pulled the trigger on the HF jack. Took some up and downs to find the center and a wood shim to help keep some pressure off the exhaust. On my '81 Interstate, the rear mount is on the center stand pivot. Still slightly nose heavy but put a block under the front tire and stability is good. Was able to get the rear tire off without removing anything else off the back. Thanx!