Suggesting a CGW meet @ Carlyle Il mid-June 2017

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am planning on coming over and since I live in Terre Haute, In. it is just a short ride. Not sure if the wife will come, but I may bring number one son and his V-Star. Not sure if I want to camp, but if there is beer I won't be going anywhere. Looking forward to it. Then you all can behold the Gold Witch.

Just checked thru the list of possible attendees for the Carlyle meet & greet 19-21 June. About two weeks to go.

Tom Foreman – four, but they do not need lodging (daily commuters).
Apache137 – 2
KerryB - 1
Ozrotheclown – 1 Maybe
C5performance – maybe (would be in RV- space is available).
Wedoo2 – 2 or 4
Joe_drum – 1 Maybe
Emil – 2 maybe

We have five spots reserved, which allows up to 20 tents and 40 people. Last minute additions, no problem! :Egyptian:

Tentative agenda, subject to participant’s approval.

19th – Ride to Springfield Il. Tour the Abraham Lincoln Memorial and Tomb, plus old Springfield (a 2 block section as it was during Lincoln’s lifetime). Lunch ad hoc. About 250 miles round trip. :moped:

20th – Tour the Alton Lock and Dam on the Mississippi river. Lunch at Fast Eddies. Back to camp and ride around the lake. About 250 miles round trip. :moped:

21st – Ride to Fern Clyffe State Park and return. Picnic lunch at the park, return to camp and loaf. About 200 miles. :moped:

Soft drinks and iced tea will be available in coolers. Anything else you want, bring it.

If anyone wants to show pictures or videos, I will get permission to use the park amphitheater and screen. Laptop and projector will be available.

If anyone wants to demonstrate their trouble shooting skills and the trike isn't running by the 19th, I'll load it on the trailer and let you have at it.

PO took the 84 Interstate apart to replace the stator (now works good!), decided he didn't want to finish the re-assembly job and let it sit. I bought it a couple years ago for parts and decided to rebuild it as a trike.

I replaced the main wiring harness last week and haven't gotten the fairing back on yet. It may be working by the 19th, but don't hold your breath.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185434#p185434:9bk6fbfw said:
PurpleGL1200I » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:49 am[/url]":9bk6fbfw]
I have reserved spot 23 at the Boulder campground on Carlyle Lake for 16-21 June 2017. Wasn't able to get the planned dates due to fast-acting early birds making reservations before me.

The double spot holds 2 RVs and 8 tents, for up to 16 people total. The bathroom and showers is about 100 feet away.
If more than planned show up, there should be another double lot available for us, plus there are normally other sites available in the park.

Tom

Finalizing my plans and wondering the real dates for this shindig. Is it the 16th to the 21st, or the 19th to the 22nd? Trying to fill my free time between two events. Previous event in tenn. ends 11th, should I plan to be in Carlise on the 16th or the 19th? Probably going to shoot for the "land between the lakes" one or two days prior to this event after practicing my dragon riding skills and exploring the cherohala skyway.

Kerry;

The meet'n'greet activity dates are 19-21 Jun, but I will be on-site on the 16th and stay there until the 22nd. Sites are available starting on 16 Jun, so you can come early and stay late, if you wish. I think most Wingers will be arriving on Sunday (the 18th) and start sight-seeing on the 19th.

Tom

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191511#p191511:3mdnl756 said:
joedrum » June 6th, 2017, 8:16 pm[/url]":3mdnl756]
I'm closer now ...hope to make there ....might be for just a day ...

I'm not that far from the lake. I may cage it over just to have a gander at Hooch and meet you! I'm gathering info on the SCC on my '76 as we speak. It would be nice to see one first hand.

Joe, I'm counting on you to help fine-tune my carbs. Its been running great, just trying to get the mixture screws correct.
Heavy rain this morning in Land between the Lakes, I'm dry and chillin at camp. May leave tomorrow or Sat., weather will decide. What a beautiful place!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191894#p191894:h64k8o8d said:
brianinpa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:27 pm[/url]":h64k8o8d]
This is depressing! I should be knees in the breeze right now and somewhere in the middle of Ohio!!!
Same here! :crying:

My employment has changed, but not in enough time to make the trip. :head bang:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191894#p191894:8x9z5e53 said:
brianinpa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:27 pm[/url]":8x9z5e53]
This is depressing! I should be knees in the breeze right now and somewhere in the middle of Ohio!!!

Yes you should so I have someone to ride home with. Sorry you can't make it.