1100 Starter Rebuild

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an extra one that was doing just that, cranking slow if at all. A week ago I dropped it off to an armature shop that I've been using for about a decade for automotive stuff. Yesterday afternoon it showed up rebuilt with a bill attached of 45$.

Even though I had asked for an estimate, I gladly paid. I didn't even need it, I just wanted an extra. With all the trial and error stuff that I'm up to the starter is a time-bomb.

Kudos to you McGovern. You are clearly way more confident than myself in this case. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a fair price for the job. :yes: There's a hole in the wall type of shop in a near by city, that always has an abundance of vehicles as well as people bringing starters, alternators, etc, to be rebuilt, or traded for one already rebuilt on the shelf. Great place, seems as the owners get ready to retire, the head wrench buys it, :good: been there for as long as i can remember. One of those places you never hear a bad word said about, :nea: by anyone that's dealt with them. Nothing but praise for the quality of their work, your part is actually rebuilt with new pieces inside to make it work like new, & dipped in a chemical bath to clean it up to look, like new. :yahoo: